Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My first toyota. My first Post. My first question: '07 Rav, 4cyl, 4x4. the owners manual says to "retorque" what bolt? I am a fairly knowledgeable guy (given, I can not spell very well) but I have a hard time believing that anything needs to be retorqued every 10,000miles. I rolled around under the rav today, it has driveshafts just like anything else. Larger than I had expected, U joints to the rear, CVs down to the wheels, what's up? thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
This might be a fluke statement. Toyota at one time had a statement about tightening the propeller shaft bolt on front wheel drive cars These bolts (really a nut were staked and never moved)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe this is also addressed in the Matrix forum, which I used to own before the Rav. Try doing a search there. Don't quote me on this but I don't think it's anything to worry about. If you find out more let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've yet to swing by a different dealership to see if I could talk to a tech. I believe they are speaking of the nuts that join the driveshaft to the rear axle gear case. just beyond the u-joint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
re-torquing drive shaft bolts

I just took my 2006 Rav4 to the dealership yesterday for an unrelated problem and the re-torqued the drive shaft bolts no charge. It made me wonder if there is an inherent problem that Toyota is keeping quiet.
Seems to be their policy lately.:chug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts