Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

I am purchasing a 07 Tacoma Reg cab. 5 lug wheel. Would like like to upgrade the stock 15" wheel/tire combo.

Does anyone know what the stock 15" wheel offset is? The Tacoma rim size is 15x6.

Also, while sitting in traffic I noticed a Scion tc that has 17x7 5 lug wheel with a 45mm offset(found the same wheel on ebay with specs). Does anyone know if some the other 5 lug Toyota/Scion wheels fit a 5 lug Tacoma application?

Anyone know how big in dia. wheel/tire combo can be fit on these base model tacoma's without adding a lift kit or cutting the fenderwell?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Scion wheels are 5x100mm lug pattern and will not fit the Tacoma. The Tacoma is 5x114.3mm What kind of look are you going for? street or offroad? I can help you out if you give a little more info. You will want to stick somewhere close to a 30mm offset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Droppedmytaco said:
Scion wheels are 5x100mm lug pattern and will not fit the Tacoma. The Tacoma is 5x114.3mm What kind of look are you going for? street or offroad? I can help you out if you give a little more info. You will want to stick somewhere close to a 30mm offset.
Thank you for the info. Looking for more of a street look. I did not find any 2 or 3 inch lift kits for 2wheel drive Tacoma's so need something that will help fill the wheel opening without touching and cutting. I'm also not looking for real low tire profile either. Would like to stay with a 16" or 17"rim and tire

My thoughts after hearing the Scion lug pattern will not work:

What about 07' Rav 4 17" Sport wheels? would they have the proper lug pattern and offset? I think those might look cool on a Silver Reg Cab Tacoma?

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I found some XRunner wheels (factory Toyota 18x8.5) on EBay, and once my 15" tires wear out, will be putting them on, with ~1 size taller tire (? that's what tirerack recommended) than what the X came with. (I got rims, but no tires) I cant lower my truck due to working out of it (1,000lb addaleaf already), and the dirt roads where I live, so the rims will hopefully add a little handling, and look better, without losing anything...

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
30x9.50x15 fits on mine with no rub, so any wheel/tire combo up to that size should work

·
Registered
53 Posts
twister1 said:
Group,

I am purchasing a 07 Tacoma Reg cab. 5 lug wheel. Would like like to upgrade the stock 15" wheel/tire combo.

Does anyone know what the stock 15" wheel offset is? The Tacoma rim size is 15x6.

Also, while sitting in traffic I noticed a Scion tc that has 17x7 5 lug wheel with a 45mm offset(found the same wheel on ebay with specs). Does anyone know if some the other 5 lug Toyota/Scion wheels fit a 5 lug Tacoma application?

Anyone know how big in dia. wheel/tire combo can be fit on these base model tacoma's without adding a lift kit or cutting the fenderwell?

Thank you for any help.

Me, too!!!!!:naughty:

·
Registered
641 Posts
cddallara said:
I found some XRunner wheels (factory Toyota 18x8.5) on EBay, and once my 15" tires wear out, will be putting them on, with ~1 size taller tire (? that's what tirerack recommended) than what the X came with. (I got rims, but no tires) I cant lower my truck due to working out of it (1,000lb addaleaf already), and the dirt roads where I live, so the rims will hopefully add a little handling, and look better, without losing anything...
255/55/18's...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts