Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for after market wiper arms so i can use regular wipers buying them from the dealer is crap because they are $70 per set if anyone could get me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
'07 Tundra CM, Ltd
3 Posts
I've had no problems finding replacements at O'Reilly Auto Parts...

·
Registered
70 Posts
No need for new arms...Trico Tech Beam Blades fit fine and work excellent. You can get them online.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No need for new arms...Trico Tech Beam Blades fit fine and work excellent. You can get them online.
Followup to my post - just received notice from Wipers123.com that there is now a $10 rebate on Trico Techs and a $15 rebate on Trico NeoForms through May 15 2010. I guess I bought a little too early...LOL

·
Registered
676 Posts
Followup to my post - just received notice from Wipers123.com that there is now a $10 rebate on Trico Techs and a $15 rebate on Trico NeoForms through May 15 2010. I guess I bought a little too early...LOL
Do you have a link for the rebate? I assume that's per set, right?

·
nicely retired
Tundra DC SR5
60 Posts
Don't know about...

i am looking for after market wiper arms so i can use regular wipers buying them from the dealer is crap because they are $70 per set if anyone could get me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Don't know about other folks experience but mine has been that the original equipment blades are the best I've experienced on any of my vehicles. They are almost three years old on my 2007 and are the smoothest and quietest blades I've ever had.

I go through at least two blade sets a year on my Grand Marquis and I've tried about four different brands of blades. They all get noisy and shutter after about four months in the Austin, Texas's blazing sun. It just dries them out.

Maybe the expense of the Tundra blades is not so expensive after all.

virg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't know about other folks experience but mine has been that the original equipment blades are the best I've experienced on any of my vehicles. They are almost three years old on my 2007 and are the smoothest and quietest blades I've ever had.

I go through at least two blade sets a year on my Grand Marquis and I've tried about four different brands of blades. They all get noisy and shutter after about four months in the Austin, Texas's blazing sun. It just dries them out.

Maybe the expense of the Tundra blades is not so expensive after all.

virg
Yeah, I've heard about that hot sun situation...I guess hot, direct sun and ultraviolet rays dry up the wipers faster than snow and ice tear them up!

As far as the wiper blade thing, Consumer reports did a study in 2008 and found all wipers start out as very good or excellent. After 3 months they all drop substantially and after 6 months only one ranked over good. So the effective life is really 6 months. I use to think that the OEMs were the best but then I realized it had more to do with the new glass than the wipers. I'm a notorious tailgater and my glass gets pitted pretty bad. The older my vehicles are, the more course and pitted the glass is, so the aftermarket replacements actually are rubbing back and forth on mild sandpaper.

To make a long story long, essentially after your vehicle is a couple of years old, OEM or aftermarket, if you're picky you'll be replacing them every 6-9 months.

:chug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure about the $70 price ... last 2 sets I got form Thompson Toyota in Doylestown Pa. cost me
$45.70 ... phone 215-354-9460. They aer nice folks to deal with, ship usally takes 48 hrs.
The local dealers here in NC just do not want to "deal" ......

·
Registered
'07 Toyota Tundra
2 Posts
Try ebay!!!! Item # 290427192594 These are just like the OEM versions!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a set of new wiper blades made by Goodyear at Costco and I like them a lot better than the OEM wipers. They do tend to wiggle a bit but overall am very happy and I paid $12 so I can't complain. I have been running them since the winter. My OEM blades were toast in less then a year and always had a streak problem from day one but I never could bring myself to go into the dealer just for that...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a set of new wiper blades made by Goodyear at Costco and I like them a lot better than the OEM wipers. They do tend to wiggle a bit but overall am very happy and I paid $12 so I can't complain. I have been running them since the winter. My OEM blades were toast in less then a year and always had a streak problem from day one but I never could bring myself to go into the dealer just for that...
I agree...you can get premium beam blades for about $11-$13 each and top-of-the-line for less than $20 each. The days of $25+ wipers are gone!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts