Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The light in my trunk is so dim I didn't realize the car came with one.

This normal or do I need to get the bulb replaced?

Its totally useless the way it is now

·
2005 Camry XLE V6
Lexus ES350
284 Posts
summerwind said:
The light in my trunk is so dim I didn't realize the car came with one.

This normal or do I need to get the bulb replaced?

Its totally useless the way it is now
Unfortunately, I think this might be a normal thing. Even the Lexus ES350 folks are complaining about the dim trunk light. I noticed that the light in my '05 Camry is much brighter than the one in my '07 ES. Its not difficult to replace that bulb - you may wish to get a brighter bulb for your replacement.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
if you think thats dim, you should check out the one under the hood....

·
2005 Camry XLE V6
Lexus ES350
284 Posts
Camread said:
if you think thats dim, you should check out the one under the hood....
There's one under the hood? :confused: - are you serious?

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soo. anyone replaced this bulb with a brighter one??

If so what part number/ reference number..

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
summerwind said:
Soo. anyone replaced this bulb with a brighter one??

If so what part number/ reference number..
Reading the owners manual and using this forum's search engine, I find that the existing bulb is a 194.

The same type bulb (T-3 1/4) with a 29% greater output is a 168 that is used inside the passenger compartment.

There may be higher wattage bulbs available but I don't care to spend 5 minutes looking for them.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
both my camry trunk lights are DIM...so im going to inveset in those computer lights and stick those in the trunk like what white chocolate did and a couple other members but i cannt remember their names

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
who cares about the brightness in there......are you having a picnic in there or something?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Guys...this is an easy fix, get a 921 bulb and put it in there, it fits right in to the wedge, ....cost $2 for 2.....it is soooo bright , forget rewiring and such...there is a plastic cover that i simply cut off and threw away, it is to protect the bulb from tall luggage and such...

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
njerald said:
Reading the owners manual and using this forum's search engine, I find that the existing bulb is a 194.

The same type bulb (T-3 1/4) with a 29% greater output is a 168 that is used inside the passenger compartment.

There may be higher wattage bulbs available but I don't care to spend 5 minutes looking for them.
Thanks nj,

Page 400 of the 07 Camry hymnal doesn't appear to give a Bulb number (has just a dash) for the trunk light and the table on page 400 is a puzzle at best.

I appreciate the research

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
1,329 Posts
I carry a flashlight anyways. One with batteries and one that is a LED shaker type.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
Eyekutr said:
Guys...this is an easy fix, get a 921 bulb and put it in there, it fits right in to the wedge, ....cost $2 for 2.....it is soooo bright , forget rewiring and such...there is a plastic cover that i simply cut off and threw away, it is to protect the bulb from tall luggage and such...
Thanks, who makes that 921 bulb?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i think it was sylvania, i bought it at kragen, 2 in a pack, like 200 % brighter....really

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
Thanks NJ and Eyekutr. Eyekutr are you a Lasik surgeon? Just a guess.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You got it streaker. You know, one other thing is to stick an LED in there, they fit right in w/o ANY mods, unlike the large bulb i stuck in my dads trunk and LED looks super cool and way brighter, PM me if you want and I'll get you one....

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is the bulb I tried as well....it works awesome, no mods at all, ebay item.....200061351017 so cheap too....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts