Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
This is also a problem on my 2006 Tacoma but how in the world do you get it loose??? No room to maneuver...............
First of all welcome to TN!

Its doable but your best bet is to first remove the glove box. The screw heads that attach the servos are 5/32" (7mm) hex. IMO it works best to use a very small 1/4" drive ratchet with short extensions if needed.

And oh, if you remove the glove box pay attention to which hole in the damper is used. The damper will go back on easier by using a bent paper clip. Extend the damper, put bent clip in slot arm found on damper arm, attach damper, remove clip.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I have only been a member for a little while but like what someone else said, 'I have learned so much!' I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
06 Taco 4x4 TRD
796 Posts
And oh, if you remove the glove box pay attention to which hole in the damper is used. The damper will go back on easier by using a bent paper clip. Extend the damper, put bent clip in slot arm found on damper arm, attach damper, remove clip.
After 9 years I finally learn how to do this! Cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The nearly- inaccessible screws are 7/32 and I have already dropped the socket down into the heating system where it is going to stay forever. I got the easier of the two screws out about 2-3 turns and the wiring harness removed. Looking for another way to access the topmost screw. I am 85 miles away from a new socket, 170 'round trip, so it will have to wait! :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The nearly- inaccessible screws are 7/32 and I have already dropped the socket down into the heating system where it is going to stay forever. I got the easier of the two screws out about 2-3 turns and the wiring harness removed. Looking for another way to access the topmost screw. I am 85 miles away from a new socket, 170 'round trip, so it will have to wait! :)
Oops! Since I goofed the size send me a PM with your address and I'll just send you a 7/32", 1/4" drive if you are in the lower 48. I'll also check the manual and send along the procedure if I see anything that may help.

I've been into that system several times and I can't think of where you would have dropped the thing to make it disappear. Can you post a pic or two and between all of us here we should be able to figure out something to help get the servo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you very much but you don't have to send me the tools! I will be putting u a post soon with the photos requested. There is a slot of some type below the actuator motor that swallows up small sockets and not even my magnet probe could retrieve it. Next timeI will simply cover up the area with a red rag and no more problem. My area is very remote (Big Bend National Park, TX.) and when you run out of something you learn to do without until the next trip to town. I also suspect that you folks that post here are a lot more mechanically inclined than me. Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
(Big Bend National Park, TX.)
Wow.

Awesome photos on the web of that place. Bummer you have to call it home. Slight trade off for waiting for the next trip to town.

·
Registered
6 Posts
trying again...

After a long break I will be trying to replace this actuator again. Everything has been sitting on the workbench long enough!

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you who have purchased this part did the picture on the website you ordered it from match the actual part? All of those part #s jvevil listed are not the same as mine. Here is a picture of mine, can you confirm its the same one you replaced?

Hey guys, I have a defective parts exactly the one shown on the picture with part number, 52402808 030072191A. Do you know where to buy this part? I can't find anywhere in the internet.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey guys, I have a defective parts exactly the one shown on the picture with part number, 52402808 030072191A. Do you know where to buy this part? I can't find anywhere in the internet.

Thank you
Not surprised that you can not match the number in the pic. The first string of digits is the manufacturer Delphi's code, and no info is available to the public. The last string of digits is probably a code of features or specs. for the OEM vehicle manufacturers.

For an aftermarket servo, I took this from a post on the first page and you might try chasing these numbers:

"ACDELCO Part#1573513 or #15-73513 (1572858, 15842338, 52494371)
DORMAN Part#604109 (autozone and o'reilly carry this one)
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part#F04007"

If you want OEM, post back and I will get you a part number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not surprised that you can not match the number in the pic. The first string of digits is the manufacturer Delphi's code, and no info is available to the public. The last string of digits is probably a code of features or specs. for the OEM vehicle manufacturers.

For an aftermarket servo, I took this from a post on the first page and you might try chasing these numbers:

"ACDELCO Part#1573513 or #15-73513 (1572858, 15842338, 52494371)
DORMAN Part#604109 (autozone and o'reilly carry this one)
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part#F04007"

If you want OEM, post back and I will get you a part number.
Thanks for your response. Yeah, please let me know the part number. I don't care if it is an OEM or not. The part number from the first page that you mentioned doesn't match. It has only 2 wire connector and different mount orientation.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,981 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey 05Moose,
Looks like the link you provided is very helpful. Mine is 2006 tacoma 2.7l Base cab. I think its the #22 but still not sure until I'll see the actual picture. I'll keep searching at least I have the part number now. I'll really appreciate if someone could confirm. My defective Servo is for vent air direction.

Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,981 Posts
All you had to do was change your year and engine on Roman's site where I gave you the link. Might want to do that to compare prices. Roman tends to beat a lot of aftermarket competitors.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts