Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I'm hoping someone will have some information to help me figure out what the heck is going on with my moonroof. Some time back it stopped opening to the rear. The tilt functions work fine, but when I attempt to open it to the rear nothing happens. No sound, no movement, nothing. Well, nothing unless I hold the button down for roughly 30 seconds. In that case it opens right up! There are no strange sounds, it just opens like there is nothing wrong. I can close it just fine as well. But after closing, it reverts back to not doing anything at all when I attempt to open it. I did the initialization process and the moonroof performed all the functions as you would expect. But even after that, the same issue remains. Total head scratcher for me. Anybody else have this issue or any thoughts on what the deal might be??? Thanks for any advice!!

·
inmars
2009 Highlander base
28 Posts
Hello everybody, I'm hoping someone will have some information to help me figure out what the heck is going on with my moonroof. Some time back it stopped opening to the rear. The tilt functions work fine, but when I attempt to open it to the rear nothing happens. No sound, no movement, nothing. Well, nothing unless I hold the button down for roughly 30 seconds. In that case it opens right up! There are no strange sounds, it just opens like there is nothing wrong. I can close it just fine as well. But after closing, it reverts back to not doing anything at all when I attempt to open it. I did the initialization process and the moonroof performed all the functions as you would expect. But even after that, the same issue remains. Total head scratcher for me. Anybody else have this issue or any thoughts on what the deal might be??? Thanks for any advice!!
Occasionally I will call the service dept. and ask if they’ve seen a certain problem before and what would be the fix. Usually they have an answer(free), or they ask a tech and get me an answer. Worth a try anyway. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts