Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,604 Posts
Anyone tried K-Seal?
Only use that if you want to send the block and head out to be hot-tanked when the sealer fails or if you're just trying to get the car sold/traded and don't care about screwing the next person who owns it. Also if you don't mind replacing a heater core/radiator later on too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've tried k seal and some other brands on another car I had with a bad head gasket. Those products work better when they are on the inside of the leak, not the other way around (ie. coolant leaking from the water jacket out, not combustion from the cylinder to the jacket). The best one I used was blue devil, it actually stopped the bubbles from appearing in my overflow but only lasted a couple thousand miles before it started up again. I think that one actually has more success with worse leaks because the sealant actually has a chance to fill the leak and harden.
These products can be good bandaids while you look for a new car or engine, or are just trying to buy more time before you junk the car but they can't be trusted in the long run.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts