Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
For those in the vancouver BC Area, one of our local forums revscene.net is acctually having a group buy on GPS's right now they are looking for 10+ people for a group buy.

$249 for a Total Visage GPS Vehicle Recovery System (Installed all makes and models)
Our units are completely hidden under the dash or rear shelf.
All units have back up battery, no monthly fees and global coverage.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/limited-time-group-t625430.html

I myself am not in this goup buy, but if you are interested u can join and ask questions. I dont see myself getting a stock corolla stolen..

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
Where I live, people leave their houses unlocked and some leave the keys in the car... no worries for me... :cool:

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,946 Posts
Two things I find odd... a 91 Camry is higher on the list than an 09 Corolla?! Who is gonna go out of the way to steal a 91 vehicle of ANY kind?! Yes, they are nice cars, but it's a 91!! :facepalm: no 05-08 vehicles at all.... :whatthe: Wouldn't people want newer cars?!

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
Two things I find odd... a 91 Camry is higher on the list than an 09 Corolla?! Who is gonna go out of the way to steal a 91 vehicle of ANY kind?! Yes, they are nice cars, but it's a 91!! :facepalm: no 05-08 vehicles at all.... :whatthe: Wouldn't people want newer cars?!
the older hondas(19XX-2000) and toyota camry(19XX-1993) had bump keys or "master keys" which opened and started the vehicles. that was one of the reasons honda moved onto laser keys. wonder why toyota isnt doing the same.

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
Plus alot of cars have very common parts to the point where their universal. And a car thats easy to steal and easy to sell parts on is easy money.

Im upside down on my car. If I gets stolen, I get it paid off and I but a new one for a muchhh Lower payment. Thank you GAP protection.

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
I only pay about $700 a year for my 2010 S, but the 2010 Matrix is only about $600 a year. Either way, neither one is really bad, just found it odd that the Corolla was more when it cost about the same.

As for the old cars being highest on the list, they are easy targets. The VIN isn't on every panel, and they are quickly parted out. They are not worth as much parted out, but they are gone much faster.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I only pay about $700 a year for my 2010 S, but the 2010 Matrix is only about $600 a year. Either way, neither one is really bad, just found it odd that the Corolla was more when it cost about the same.

As for the old cars being highest on the list, they are easy targets. The VIN isn't on every panel, and they are quickly parted out. They are not worth as much parted out, but they are gone much faster.
the price difference can also be based upon the driver, like if u and somebody else was on the policy if one driving record is better than the other or if the was a difference in experience

·
Paigow
10 Gen Rolla S
176 Posts
Two things I find odd... a 91 Camry is higher on the list than an 09 Corolla?! Who is gonna go out of the way to steal a 91 vehicle of ANY kind?! Wouldn't people want newer cars?!
I have a 91 camry and it got stolen 3 times. They only steal it because its easy to open and start since the ignition and the locks aren't that hard to open. A key jiggler can simply open and start my car. They don't take it for parts, they take it for joyrides. Its a fast alternative for quick transportation or joyrides. Thieves don't like spending a lot of time trying to start cars.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,364 Posts
Older vehicles get stolen more because they are easier to steal! Most modern vehicles use some sort of pass key technology that makes it hard for a thief to get a car started... unless he has the key. :lol:

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
I have a 91 camry and it got stolen 3 times. They only steal it because its easy to open and start since the ignition and the locks aren't that hard to open. A key jiggler can simply open and start my car. They don't take it for parts, they take it for joyrides. Its a fast alternative for quick transportation or joyrides. Thieves don't like spending a lot of time trying to start cars.
same...i had a 90 camry

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
Luckily my 91 camry was never stolen. It did get broken into a lot...maybe 3-4 times a year.

I'am surprised the corolla is on the list. Doesn't it use a security code for the ignition key?!?
yep we have a immobilizer. but there are ways around it, i found a story on civic owners getting their car stolen with the immobilizer disabled somehow. the worst part of all was, insurance didnt cover it because they thought the owners were trying to do insurance fraud. insurance thinks any car with a key immobilizer is a 100% theft deterrent.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.