Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer near my place,
after some negotiation, he showed me his invoice for a LE, around 17,700$, for a car that was parked outside. It wasn't a color that I wanted, but he said he can only give rebates on that one.

Since I am recent college grad and will be paying everything in one shot, he said he'd give me 2000$ rebate.

I thought that was a good deal, but didn't want to sign it because it was the first dealership I visited.

Then, after doing some research online, I see on "edmunds" and "yahoo cars" that LE invoce is at around 16,000$.

Was he trying to milk me for some money?

·
straight cash homie
22,846 Posts
I went to the dealer near my place,
after some negotiation, he showed me his invoice for a LE, around 17,700$, for a car that was parked outside. It wasn't a color that I wanted, but he said he can only give rebates on that one.

Since I am recent college grad and will be paying everything in one shot, he said he'd give me 2000$ rebate.

I thought that was a good deal, but didn't want to sign it because it was the first dealership I visited.

Then, after doing some research online, I see on "edmunds" and "yahoo cars" that LE invoce is at around 16,000$.

Was he trying to milk me for some money?
Shop around...there's plenty of dealers with Corollas still. Last time I checked there's a manufacturer rebate on both 2009 and 2010 models, but it is different in various regions. Toyota always offers a college grad rebate, that's usually good for $500 or so. You'd have to fill that out separately. I'm guessing the rebate you were getting was on an 09 vehicle ($1500+$500 college grad=$2000).

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
145 Posts
I contacted 3 dealerships in Bay Area, CA this weekend and the cheapest price quoted for me was $16,788. This was before any incentives included. However, I'll be holding off for now to see if the "Cash for Clunkers" bill comes through.

·
Registered
Corolla 2009
10 Posts
I got mine for 17000 out the door with curise control, floor and trunk mats, rear bumper protector, heated mirrors, and keyless entry. I say shop around, the dealership i bought it at was my 3rd dealership i went to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shop around...there's plenty of dealers with Corollas still. Last time I checked there's a manufacturer rebate on both 2009 and 2010 models, but it is different in various regions. Toyota always offers a college grad rebate, that's usually good for $500 or so. You'd have to fill that out separately. I'm guessing the rebate you were getting was on an 09 vehicle ($1500+$500 college grad=$2000).
Just as an FYI, the rebate for college grads (within the past 2 years) for Toyota was $400 and has gone up to $1,000 (at least that is what we got). This change was made in April and our dealership had just found out about it when we bought in April. I would hope that all Toyota dealerships know about that now.

The additional rebate that we got on top of that was $1,750, but I think it is now around $1,500 depending on your area.

I would shop around more if the prices are still in the $16's for an LE. I received quotes in April for an '09 S Automatic w/o Sunroof for $15 to $15.4 and purchased an '09 S Manual w/ Sunroof for $15.2 before TT&F. This was with some options. We walked out the door at about $16.5 (can't remember the exact price). This is for VA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.