Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be anyway to just take the Discs(and whatever parts are needed) from an XRS and put it on an "S"??

I was thinking about getting the discs parts from a damaged XRS, but would like to know what I would need to do, to make everything work propery.

Thanks for the help in advance..

|-Goku-|

P.S. I don't need any negative comments

·
Registered
'09 RAV4 Ltd
546 Posts
Haven't got a clue but there certainly could be issues other than stuff just bolting up/on. Disc brakes have/require different proportioning than drum brakes and there may be differences in the ABS setup also.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Anything is possible, but it's expensive as hell. You might have better luck with aftermarket rear disc kits... maybe.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
987 Posts
If such conversion is possible, then it would be very costly but you must choose a very reputable place to have it installed...The braking system is just too crucial...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I understand the differences in disc and drum.

But what exactly are the drums not doing in your day to day driving that you think you need to upgrade to discs?

·
Registered
728 Posts
If such conversion is possible, then it would be very costly but you must choose a very reputable place to have it installed...The braking system is just too crucial...
I haven't done it on a Corolla but I have done it on numerous other cars.

Some of them are very simple and some aren't.
it is something that you have to have a certain skill level to do but you don't have to pay to have things done to your car.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
what exactly are the drums not doing in your day to day driving that you think you need to upgrade to discs?
I think this is the best response. For the S, rear discs are just cosmetic.

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
I think this is the best response. For the S, rear discs are just cosmetic.
For any Corolla Discs are just Cosmetic... But then again its up to the owner. I bought XRS because of the Rear Disc Brakes/Engine/Standard Features (i.e. Moonroof). I'm not a street racer so technically I don't use the "better" braking performance of the discs. And i'm sure one day i'll upgrade the Rotors & Calipers to Machined Drill outs & Red Calipers, but it will be for cosmetics and not because i'm going to do 1/4 mile runs at Cayuga. Nothing wrong with that right. Everyone wants their car to look good.

So let the owner do what he will with his car. My suggestion is to do a complete Aftermarket set up and not just a XRS swap. But thats me.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
For any Corolla Discs are just Cosmetic... But then again its up to the owner. I bought XRS because of the Rear Disc Brakes/Engine/Standard Features. I'm not a street racer so technically I don't use the "better" braking performance of the discs. And i'm sure one day i'll upgrade the Rotors & Calipers to Machined Drill outs & Red Calipers, but it will be for cosmetics and not because i'm going to do 1/4 mile runs at Cayuga. Nothing wrong with that right. Everyone wants their car to look good.

So let the owner do what he will with his car. My suggestion is to do a complete Aftermarket set up and not just a XRS swap. But thats me.
Aah, you're right. I bought my XRS for the same reasons (engine, brakes). I, on the other hand, drive fairly aggressively and need the rear discs (autox). Eventually, I will upgrade to slotted rotors and 4-2 piston brakes, but that's a ways off.

I think you're right about waiting for an aftermarket conversion, and not doing an immediate XRS swap. Would be cheaper and look better, too.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
you guys should create a petition whereby everyone who is interested can sign it and then send it out to some aftermarket companies and see if they respond to demand. maybe you can also do a group buy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts