Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new 09 HiHy Limited owner (<100 mi), and I am missing something with the navigation/audio/phone system. The manual discusses viewing DVD's on the screen, but I don't have that as a choice. I have the rear seat entertainment system installed, so it looks like that should be one of the options. I have 2 CD's as an option (one for CD disks, one for the IPOD I/F), but no DVD.

Am I reading this wrong or is something already dorked.

Also, I have not purchased the extended warranty, but I am considering it because of the large number of parts that can break. Any thoughts if it is worth the extra $$?

Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
08 Highlander Hybrid
110 Posts
I am a new 09 HiHy Limited owner (<100 mi), and I am missing something with the navigation/audio/phone system. The manual discusses viewing DVD's on the screen, but I don't have that as a choice. I have the rear seat entertainment system installed, so it looks like that should be one of the options. I have 2 CD's as an option (one for CD disks, one for the IPOD I/F), but no DVD.

Am I reading this wrong or is something already dorked.

Also, I have not purchased the extended warranty, but I am considering it because of the large number of parts that can break. Any thoughts if it is worth the extra $$?

Thanks for your insight.

I have an 08 HH Limited and have the extended warranty for mine. On the Nav/DVD I do not believe it will let you watch a DVD movie from the front nav screen, as it is illegal in some or most states to have it in view of the driver.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
:welcome: to Toyota Nation, ksweet2000! In California, at least, it's illegal to have a DVD screen viewable from the driver's position/front row seats. Call the Texas DMV and get an answer straight from them.

As for extended warranties, that's a subject people get very passionate about and opinions vary, but IMHO it's not worth it.

TrailDust

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DVD with the Rear Entertainment System

Thanks for everyone's replies. The way I understand the documentation, when the vehicle is in motion, the display blanks out (for legal reasons), but I don't even see this option on the Navi system. Does anyone know the actual manufacturer of the Navigation/Audio/Phone system in the 09 HiHy Limited?
thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for everyone's replies. The way I understand the documentation, when the vehicle is in motion, the display blanks out (for legal reasons), but I don't even see this option on the Navi system. Does anyone know the actual manufacturer of the Navigation/Audio/Phone system in the 09 HiHy Limited?
thanks.
What you should do to see if you do have this option is set your parking brakes and load a DVD into the nav behind the screen and see if you get sound and picture. If you do not get picture then you can not watch movies while parked..

Make sure the parking brake is set.. My friend had this same problem on his 08 Lexus 570 until he set the parking brake then he was able to watch tv on the screen upfront..

simple

1 - 5 of 5 Posts