Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate to have to post this. But my TCH has officially been stolen.

Parked on my neighborhood streets in Chicago in the same area I have been parking for almost a year. Just stolen. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So sadly, it would appear as though the comfort behind a push button ignition being much less "steal-able" appears to be false.

I tried calling Toyota but have had no luck so far, does anyone know if there is anything in the car/gps/anything that would be able to be activated as a transmitter to locate it? I know it's a long shot but I figured I would try...

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
So I hate to have to post this. But my TCH has officially been stolen.

Parked on my neighborhood streets in Chicago in the same area I have been parking for almost a year. Just stolen. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So sadly, it would appear as though the comfort behind a push button ignition being much less "steal-able" appears to be false.

I tried calling Toyota but have had no luck so far, does anyone know if there is anything in the car/gps/anything that would be able to be activated as a transmitter to locate it? I know it's a long shot but I figured I would try...
Not unless you put on a LoJack system which I would if I lived in Chicago, which I wouldn't......

In 1999, Chicago was 2nd only to New York City in the number of cars stolen.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mgoblue6202,

Having the smart key system does not help if they use a roll back to steal your car. By painting a bogus wrecker company logo on the side, everyone thinks they are just towing a dead car in for repair. What they want from it are the parts to strip. They might not have realized that it was a hybrid though. A limited market for some of the parts might cause them to get caught dumping hard to sell parts.

Living where you do, a LoJac system installed when you buy the car might be a good idea.

·
Registered
2007 THC
94 Posts
mgoblue6202,

Having the smart key system does not help if they use a roll back to steal your car. By painting a bogus wrecker company logo on the side, everyone thinks they are just towing a dead car in for repair. What they want from it are the parts to strip. They might not have realized that it was a hybrid though. A limited market for some of the parts might cause them to get caught dumping hard to sell parts.

Living where you do, a LoJac system installed when you buy the car might be a good idea.
Ya for sure living in chitcago is the pits!!!!:thumbsdow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts