Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an aftermarket hitch and installed that without difficulty. I am having trouble with the wiring though. I have the "tow package" evidenced by the cooler up front. My question is since I have the "package" do I need a converter for the trailer wiring, or can I just get the plug-in for the trunk to the trailer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
As with mine as well, Curt make one and normally has install details of the wiring on their website if you look for it.

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Is it worth getting the Toyota kit or do the aftermarket kits work just as well?

·
Registered
931 Posts
In your case its all inside. If its built as mine was so the converter is located out of the weather. I used CURT but in other vehicles I find the quit working and fail in outside installations!!!

Once you see what you have to take off to get to the connector its plug and play plugging it in and then closing it all up in the back are left side as I recall. I doubt Toyota even makes one. ETRAILER is likely a source for converters as well. Just be sure you getting the correct non splicing kit that connects to the harness and not to the existing light bulbs which will be a painful install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts