Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From personal experience Amsoil is great with a net extra of 2mph per gallon, the question is, how about 0w-30? less friction? better gas mileage?...Anybody out there no ther oil? thanx the toy

·
Registered
271 Posts
I feel personally reading the literature that Amsoil makes the best oil available and no I don't sell the stuff. I just can't seem to get my hands on it when its oil change time so I'm using Mobil 1 right now. 0W-30 is fine if thats what your car calls for, or I'd try it if the car calls for 5W-30 even...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Mobil 1's are pretty good. don't know about Amsoil 0w30 but i used their 20W50 and i like it!

·
2004 Camry LE
Cars
765 Posts
micro214_kp61 said:
Mobil 1's are pretty good. don't know about Amsoil 0w30 but i used their 20W50 and i like it!
Just one question "WHY" Why do you like it?

What I've learned reading about engine construction:

In order to deliver sufficient lubrication to ALL internal engiing parts our engines have a lot of specialy engineered oil passages of certain shapes and diameters. If the engine manufacturer specifies an oil weight, that what we must use. I've heard that myth that older engines call for a thicker oil. But thicker oil will not get to all the internal points that requier lubrication on time. So the engine will run DRY. The worst you can do to your buddy.

A word about AMSOIL. If you check their web site: they are the best. But not all their produsts are API certified. Do you know WHY?
Do the internet search...

Sam

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
semyonlibman said:
Just one question "WHY" Why do you like it?

What I've learned reading about engine construction:

In order to deliver sufficient lubrication to ALL internal engiing parts our engines have a lot of specialy engineered oil passages of certain shapes and diameters. If the engine manufacturer specifies an oil weight, that what we must use. I've heard that myth that older engines call for a thicker oil. But thicker oil will not get to all the internal points that requier lubrication on time. So the engine will run DRY. The worst you can do to your buddy.

A word about AMSOIL. If you check their web site: they are the best. But not all their produsts are API certified. Do you know WHY?
Do the internet search...

Sam
ahh.. why do i like 20W50 or why do i like AMSoil?

i'm sorry but i'm one of those people that actually trusts my own judgement and experience rather than listening to what the dealer says.

btw, the motor i'm running is a high temp, high comp motor. it requires thick oil for the way i use it.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts