Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think maybe this would be a good idea to post your 1/4 and 1/8 times just to see how fast other fellow camrys are.

Please post your:
Make and Model
Generation
Year
Transmission, meaning auto or manual
i4 or v6 w/ engine code.
Milage at the time of the timing. Meaning XXXk

1/4 mile - xx.xxx @ xxx.xx
60 ft - x.xx
1/8 mile - xx.xxx @ xxx.xx

Dyno results if you have them.

Mods - Post your performance mods w/ brand. Important ones include:
-Tires
-Forced induction (Please post your boost pressure)
-Any bolt ons you may have

Also if you want, Post pics of your timeslip, but it is not necessary.

Do not post:
-Compliments less than 4 words (To keep down whorage, So don't post anything like: Cool, Your Fast, :thumbup:, etc.)
-Excuses

-FAKE TIMES

P.S. It would be good to make this a sticky. If a mod sees fit, He/she can either copy and paste this stuff i have written on each forum. Or I could do it.

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
i ran with a muffler on my camry like a year ago

Auto I4 Gen3 Muffler
17.9 80.1mph 1/4
0-60 slow
1/8 toofast!

^Man you really caught up at the end 1000 meters you were only like .5sec behind

·
Registered
402 Posts
Camry V6 SE
GEN 3
Manual
3VZ-FE
Around 17x,xxx (This was 2 Summers ago)

1/4 mile - 15.8

Mods = K+N Filter, gutted cat.
Also a Subwoofer and someone in my passenger seat.

I have no time slip as this was ran with a G-Tech.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
They're a little high in MPH because they give terminal speed, not averaged over the last 60ft. They are, however very good at measuring distance. I've used one on a non flat,measured mile ending in a panic stop and it had the distance down great.

They are quite useful, even if someone doesn't believe the hp/tq ratings, you can't argue with the acceleration graph getting steeper!

Aslong as everyone understands that they're very good at distance measuring with their accelerometers, but the hp/tq #'s can easily be thrown off by a dozen or so factors.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You sure do make a lot of assumptions. You think everyone should post their how-tos in one thread, and now that people have to post their times without anyone commenting. And you gave a format that they have to post in.

Your really trying hard to get a sticky aren't you? :disappoin

And people can post comments as much as they want as long as it portrays to the thread. They don't have to silence themselves because you say so. Public forum kiddo.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
True dat! I wish there was a strip near by, just to have a time :(

Nice times by the way. 14.3 is pretty sick for a Camry. I want to see it at 8psi :)

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SmokingTiresV6 said:
You sure do make a lot of assumptions. You think everyone should post their how-tos in one thread, and now that people have to post their times without anyone commenting. And you gave a format that they have to post in.
No useless comments just to whore. Its kind of a waste. When 2 pages all say. " Awesome. Your fast." Wouldn't you agree?

A format to post in is good. Keeps it orderly and easy to read.

Sticky would be good to see how other camrys are running. How a v6 w/ a s/c runs. How fast a stock i4 is running. How fast a turboed v6 or i4 is running. How fast a car w/ upgraded exaust runs, How fast w/ CAI how fast w/ SRI. THAT my friend, is why it would be good to sticky it, Not because i want to have a thread stickyed. :hammer:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
CamNub said:
No useless comments just to whore. Its kind of a waste. When 2 pages all say. " Awesome. Your fast." Wouldn't you agree?

A format to post in is good. Keeps it orderly and easy to read.

Sticky would be good to see how other camrys are running. How a v6 w/ a s/c runs. How fast a stock i4 is running. How fast a turboed v6 or i4 is running. How fast a car w/ upgraded exaust runs, How fast w/ CAI how fast w/ SRI. THAT my friend, is why it would be good to sticky it, Not because i want to have a thread stickyed. :hammer:
But your idea is based on a perfect world. If every car was exactly the same, then yes, that would work. But not every engine is in the same condition. No two Turbo Camrys are the same, a CAI has differen affects on different engines. And everyones exhaust is different in that most of them are custom. So you really can't compare anything but the fact that your slower than someone else.

And people can comment as they like. I know the drivers love to hear even the little ones. makes you feel proud about what you've done.

And no one has to listen to your format because your not in charge and command little respect when it comes to telling people what to do.

Walk before you run.

·
Official TN P.I.M.P.
98 Toyota Camry
179 Posts
Gen 4
A/T
V6

1/4 mile - 16.153 @ 85.82
60 ft - 2.493
1/8 mile - 10.214 @ 67.55

There's your little format. No timeslip pics, sorry. Any comments from anyone (0-100 words) are welcome and/or may be challenged:lol:

I agree w/ SmokingTires. Love this public forum stuff.

Oh, yeah. 0-60 in 7.1

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SmokingTiresV6 said:
But your idea is based on a perfect world. If every car was exactly the same, then yes, that would work. But not every engine is in the same condition. No two Turbo Camrys are the same, a CAI has differen affects on different engines. And everyones exhaust is different in that most of them are custom. So you really can't compare anything but the fact that your slower than someone else.

Yes, but it gives an idea of what lets say a CAI will give you. You can compare results. Maybe there is a 1 second difference between stock, maybe a 1/2 second w/ another brand. It gives you a basic idea.
My idea is based on a perfect world yes, but thats why I try to have people say their milage at the timing. Maybe a 20K car is running lets say 16, and a 150k car is running 17's.

And people can comment as they like. I know the drivers love to hear even the little ones. makes you feel proud about what you've done.
I agree w/ you about that. But I think the idea of some constructive critizm would be a little better such as what Toysrme has posted.

trixx drop some weight and work on the launch a tiny bit. A '98 v6 should be able to run slightly sub 16s.
Or maybe questions around the area of: Whoa! Great time. How did you launch? and other Constructive Critizm or Questions

And no one has to listen to your format because your not in charge and command little respect when it comes to telling people what to do.
Nobody has to listen to anybody. Everyone is faceless on the internet. For all you know, i could be a 60 year old sexual predator looking for your home. I just created this format so it would be easier for everyone to read and look at. Keeping down 1 word comments make it easier for ppl to look through. Instead of scrolling through 3 pages of Wow. If you honestly want comments that bad, Go make a thread. I took my car to the track and this is what i got. Then you'll get lots of comments. The basic idea behind this thread was to help inform.

If you guys think you have a better format, Go ahead and post it. If you think yours is better, then please, prove it to me. Make one better and I'll change this format. ;)

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
OK... Hey trixx great job and I bet it would be lower if you dropped some weight and tell me how did you launch your car???

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thakidd said:
toyota camry
1999=gen4
automatic tranny

mods..s/c 4psi,greddy exhaust,injen with cai extension,jims fuel upgrade....
Any reason to why you only do 4 psi? You could prolly run at least the low 13's w/ about 5-6 psi.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts