Toyota Nation Forum banner

1/4 and 1/8 Camry Times

10K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  vblaze115 
#1 · (Edited)
I think maybe this would be a good idea to post your 1/4 and 1/8 times just to see how fast other fellow camrys are.

Please post your:
Make and Model
Generation
Year
Transmission, meaning auto or manual
i4 or v6 w/ engine code.
Milage at the time of the timing. Meaning XXXk

1/4 mile - xx.xxx @ xxx.xx
60 ft - x.xx
1/8 mile - xx.xxx @ xxx.xx

Dyno results if you have them.

Mods - Post your performance mods w/ brand. Important ones include:
-Tires
-Forced induction (Please post your boost pressure)
-Any bolt ons you may have

Also if you want, Post pics of your timeslip, but it is not necessary.

Do not post:
-Compliments less than 4 words (To keep down whorage, So don't post anything like: Cool, Your Fast, :thumbup:, etc.)
-Excuses

-FAKE TIMES

P.S. It would be good to make this a sticky. If a mod sees fit, He/she can either copy and paste this stuff i have written on each forum. Or I could do it.

See less See more
#27 ·
SmokingTiresV6 said:

And mileage doesn't affect how a car runs. Condition does.
Condition? Of what, the engine?

Usually if you have high miles, your engine isnt going to run brand new. Rings get worn, valve seals go, things get old. Compression is lost. Etc etc.

Mileage does effect how a car runs.

#28 · (Edited)
AMScamrySE said:
Condition? Of what, the engine?

Usually if you have high miles, your engine isnt going to run brand new. Rings get worn, valve seals go, things get old. Compression is lost. Etc etc.

Mileage does effect how a car runs.
Mileage doesn't effect anything. Condition is everything. You can have a low mileage car with a shitty engine. Hense bad performance. And you can have a high mileage car with a great engine. Mileage does cause wear, but the amount of wear is considered the engines "condition". So I was right in my use of words :)

Give me what time a brand new Gen 3 XLE with a 3vz runs and I bet I can match it with ease. I still get 27mpg on this car. It's in good condition ;)

I just want to see everyones quarter times...
That's the thing. You always want people to post stuff. if they want to post it, they will. otherwise, they won't It's pretty obvious. Just like where you wanted everyone to post their how-to(s). Not gonna happen. (Plus there already is a site listed above where people post their times)

I'm just pointing out more of your stupid ideas :)

#29 · (Edited)
SmokingTiresV6 said:

That's the thing. You always want people to post stuff. if they want to post it, they will. otherwise, they won't It's pretty obvious. Just like where you wanted everyone to post their how-to(s). Not gonna happen. (Plus there already is a site listed above where people post their times)

I'm just pointing out more of your stupid ideas :)
Ok.....
The point of this thread as i've said millions of fuckin times is to have people have their times gathered in 1 Thread, so it is convient for all. Instead of searchin through 10 pages using the search button and not finding what they are looking for.

On to There is already a site where ppl are posting their times.
1. This is for TN members times. Not random guy's times. This is a TN thread not of all Toyotas.
2. This also will have Discussion.

Also, as you may have seen. I have deleted some of the original thread to your suggestions.

#31 ·
SmokingTiresV6 said:
The other site is 96% TN guys. The other 5% are from Camryman.org :p:

And once again, you want everybody to post their info all in one place. Ummm.. no. Just like the how-to(s), no.

This is nothin like how to's. How tos are different all on different things. Ok fine, that doesn't work. Times are all the same topic. Why wouldn't this work?

#32 ·
Because your expecting/asking people to post. If someone wants to display their time they will. People aren't going to do it unless they want to. And there is a Camry archive that everyone knows about. People aren't going to post just because you want all the times in one place.

And everyone wants a thread to themselve, where they can get all the attention for their time, and they aren't being compared to 5 other guys with Turbos. It's a pride thing.

#33 ·
SmokingTiresV6 said:
Because your expecting/asking people to post. If someone wants to display their time they will. People aren't going to do it unless they want to. And there is a Camry archive that everyone knows about. People aren't going to post just because you want all the times in one place.

And everyone wants a thread to themselve, where they can get all the attention for their time, and they aren't being compared to 5 other guys with Turbos. It's a pride thing.
So post your times on 2 places. :dunno:

You can make your own thread to get all the wows but here, you can compare, and learn from other's mistakes which perhaps weren't mentioned in the thread "you" create.
I deleted the discussion part of the do not post so hopefully it is more attractive.

#34 · (Edited)
CamNub none taking. Sarcasim is hard to push through text.
For future referance incase I loose my memory, or loose my lagbook. 1/4m times are 2 runs (both ways) averaged 50 yards outside a local landfill with a weigh station with a G-Tech Pro/Comp.
16.7 stock - street weight
16.3 airbox + SMT-6 tuning - street weight
15.732 airbox + SMT-6 stripped

I believe I left a tiny bit of power untuned We'll find out after the engine's back together.
Street weight = 3647lbs
Stripped weight = 3142lbs
Believe it if you want or not, as I have, and will always say, i could care less. I'm not going to get embarrassed at our 1/4 mile track until I'm sub 14.5s. Too many N/T guys run for money at our local 1/4 track and only the looser teenagers run on the billion 1/8 mile tracks within a 1/2 hour of my hosue. I play to win, not get owned. ;)

#37 ·
I'm reviving a thread here. I actually am interested in people putting up 1/4 mile and 60 times. I have dynolicious on my phone and I'll be putting up my 60 and 1/4 times via screen shot. Since we really don't have a track around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.