Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a good friend of mine, he drives a 89' 240sx with a skyline engine, about supras and how fast they can go and he claims you can get a 98' supra twin turbo under 9 sec. in the quater mi., i'm not so sure if i believe this, it would be great if any one could help me out

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Most Supras with low quarter mile times are not running twin turbos. They generally switch over to a single turbo setup. Just one big ass one instead of two weak sauce ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
there are low 8second single turbo supras. Efantis and Titan and some others running mid to high 8's

·
Canadian Rust Rocket
13 Posts
I have heard about a quicksilver edition that had a bigger downpipe replace the factory one, and that I guess brought it down to a 9 second car. I'm not sure about other mods.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
No, no edition was ever 9 seconds from the factory.

There are now quite a few 9 and sub 9 second range MKIV. Titan's is the best known. Big singles make better drag turbos, twins own on the circuit. All about purpose.

·
Registered
440 Posts
stevrock said:
I have heard about a quicksilver edition that had a bigger downpipe replace the factory one, and that I guess brought it down to a 9 second car. I'm not sure about other mods.
Quicksilver's just a color, no extra hp from that. Replacing the downpipe on a supra can actually give you about 35 more hp though. The stock one is all whacked out. That probably brought the car to the low 13's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
correct one massive single turbo is better for drag racing. Even though Venom had that twin turbo supra. but the main engine setup out on the strip now adays is the single turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts