Toyota Nation Forum banner

1.6 FE and GE heads conversion

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  freakinbox 
#1 ·
ok since i can convert my Dx too awd.... what about the heads can you swap the fe heads for the Ge or what about the 20 vavle ge or is that a no too lol

#7 · (Edited)
yeah i imagine the 20V would be a problem, why bother doing a head swap do the whole engine it wouldn't be much more work.. and you would get better power and a stronger engine....

Also what car are you trying to convert to 4wd... because i have herd the 4wd system isn't that strong and... the 4wd system uses a solid rear axle... you might wanna take a look under your car and look at all the crap in your way.. especially for the AE101

#13 ·
think of the face the 4age bigport and the 4afe power differences aren't all that big. and with the fe head you get more torque for the hp because of the angle difference in the valves.

I'd say a downfall is how it's harder to adjust the cam timing indivdually with the fe. But DOHC engines with 1 cam gear on the outside of the engine aren't all that uncommon, vw uses a chain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.