Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie on here and have a bit of a problem I was wondering if you guys could help me with?

The battery was flat on my MR2 and so a mate was helping me to connect the jump leads, problem is that she connected the neg to the live in the MR2 whilst I was waiting to start it up (yes, I know, dont say a word, I've already said them all!!!) Anyhow, upshot is, all the dials went dead but the car still tries to kick over but just wont fire. I did some checking and the 100 amp alt fuse has blown.
My question is, how do you replace it, and will there be any other damage to my car ie knackered battery/alternator............

thanks so much in advance!!

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Pull fuse and replace. Check all your wiring. Crank it up and see how it runs-or if it runs. Thier could be some systems fried. You won't know till you start it.
Then reach over and slap your friend on the back of the head!:slap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thanks:

Cheers MR2BAD, much appreciated and already have sorted my mate :rolleyes:

I have tried to get the fuse out but it wont budge (have removed the small clear lid but I cant seem to pull the fuse out in its blue box) I dont want to pull too hard in case it shatters. I must be being dense but I cant see anything to press/click/whatever to release the blown fuse box. Is it normally tough to pull out or is it bolted/screwed in and needs releasing?

Sorry if I'm just being thick!!:eek:::eek::

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
No need to apologize.
I have never had to change that fuse. I figured you just pulled it out like the rest, only it was bigger. I looked in my CD manual, and it doesn't say anything about removing that fuse. Have you tried using the fuse puller thats on the underside of the fuse box lid in the engine bay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I tried with the fuse puller but no dice. Rang up my mechanic to order a new fuse and ran it past him, he reckons that there are 2 screws or bolts either underneath or on the side that you have to undo before you can release it. I've chickened out as there are lots of wires etc going to the fuse box and it would be just my luck to pull something else out by mistake :rolleyes: The fuse will be in on Monday and he said he'd pop over and sort it for me :cool:

Thanks for your help, has made me feel way less stressed. Now all I have to do is figure out how the tow hitch and PTO drive work on the new tractor and I'll be organised :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts