Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry LE
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this set of coilover springs that are adjustable from 1" to 4" drop. They seem like a great great deal i just wanted to see if anyone had ever done business with them or heard anything about them. i sent them a message regarding a few things like what they were made of and such on... here is their answer..

these coilovers are made right here in the us, Indiana to be specific. We special order our kits from KYB. They are made out of Vandium. It is a much more progressive spring material, which was designed to ofer more durabuility and is much lighter then other coilover kits made out of steel. I completly understand on how you feel about risking it on the track. lol But if it helps , we do a minimum 6 month test on all our kits before we ever offer them to the public, and we run our own kits on 3 of our different track cars! I would trust my kids being in the car any time with me!

- boosted_kreationz

86-91 Toyota Camry Adjustable Lowering Coilovers Item Id:230331220322End time:May-13-09 22:23:11 PDTSeller:
boosted_kreationz (
)
96.7% Positive FeedbackMember since Oct-09-04 in United StatesLocation: IN, United States

This is a lil info from the auction
Performance Coilover Lowering Spring Kit
These kits can be lowered between 1-4" simply by adjusting the locking perches.They provide better handling, improved aerodynamics by lowering the center of gravity of the vehicle, thus eliminating body roll, and presents an aggressive appearance on the track and the street. Each set is carefully tuned to provide the optimal combination of precise handling, outstanding stability, and firm ride comfort (about 35-40% stiffer than stock). Unlike other companies, we guarantee fitment of all our products so that you have the piece of mind knowing you are getting the best quality product.
Fitment

• [*]86-91 Toyota Camry
About This Item

• [*] 100% Brand new in box, never used or tried on
    [*] Will work with your factory or aftermarket struts
    [*]4 coilover lowering spring included (2 x Front & 2 x Rear)
    [*]Adjustable from 1-4 inches
    [*]Colors varies per application (Please email us for different colors availible)
    [*]All accessories are included
    [*]Professional installation recommended
    [*]Guaranteed fitment
    [*]1 Year Warranty!
    [*]Choose our professional installation service and save on shipping! Pay only the cost of item plus installation fee.

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
If they've done a 6 month test then they should atleast have a pic of an install on a camry. If not then I dunno. How is the strength of Vandium compared to aluminum?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,874 Posts
If they've done a 6 month test then they should atleast have a pic of an install on a camry. If not then I dunno. How is the strength of Vandium compared to aluminum?
Lol... they are not made of Vanadium, that's for sure. It is probably a Chrome Vanadium Steel alloy. If they don't give the 4-digit metal code, I wouldn't trust their answer. And they should definitely have pictures of the actual product and installed pictures on the actual car, as any reputable manufacturer would do.

Good quality materials for an adjustable coilover spring assembly costs over $100, before warehousing, shipping, sales and profit is added. I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole.

-Charlie

·
Registered
1990 Camry Deluxe
241 Posts
Oh those are only sleeves. Mabey someone could throw these on a beater/fun car and see if they hold up. Not on a daily driver though.

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Camry LE
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh those are only sleeves. Mabey someone could throw these on a beater/fun car and see if they hold up. Not on a daily driver though.
it comes with the springs too..... WHO WANTS TO BE MY GUINEA PIG??????

·
Registered
398 Posts
on tired stock struts you will blow them out.

Also there are no spring rates included. Could throw off the handling characteristics of the car completly

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
Lol... they are not made of Vanadium, that's for sure. It is probably a Chrome Vanadium Steel alloy. If they don't give the 4-digit metal code, I wouldn't trust their answer. And they should definitely have pictures of the actual product and installed pictures on the actual car, as any reputable manufacturer would do.

Good quality materials for an adjustable coilover spring assembly costs over $100, before warehousing, shipping, sales and profit is added. I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole.

-Charlie
That's the material that they told him it was made out of. I was waiting for you to chime in because I figured you'd have a better question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts