Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me give you the low down on my current situation. I just aquired an 85' Celica GT...and its completely stock. Right now the head is out getting refurbed...and the engine is out getting bored 50 over. Now...i have about $1000 to spend on this thing, and i want the BIGGEST bang for my buck, just like everybody right??
These are fairly punchy stock but i want MORE. I've been looking at items like a lighter flywheel (9 or 12lbs), clutch, exhaust header, k&n filter charger, camshaft, bored throttle body, bigger valves....
most of that stuff would be from www.lcengineering.com . I just wanted to know what combo of those things would give the most power, since i can't afford all of them at the moment.

Thanks for your time, Russ

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally Id go with the air filter, exhaust, and cams if the budget allows. The throttle body can be bored at a local machine shop, not sure the cost on that. Cams would be a great hp gain, the intake/exhaust, your looking between 5-15(max) depending on the setup you go with, but will also give the car a really nice sound. Plus to get more out of the cams, your going to need more air going in, so the intake is a must. Not sure on US prices, or your connections with them, but if you got a hook up, those three shouldn't come out to more than $1000 USD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help... i'll probably go with the cam, header, and intake...those should make a nice difference. Are there any brands other than LC engineering that sells performance parts for the older celicas??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.