Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me give you the low down on my current situation. I just aquired an 85' Celica GT...and its completely stock. Right now the head is out getting refurbed...and the engine is out getting bored 50 over. Now...i have about $1000 to spend on this thing, and i want the BIGGEST bang for my buck, just like everybody right??
These are fairly punchy stock but i want MORE. I've been looking at items like a lighter flywheel (9 or 12lbs), clutch, exhaust header, k&n filter charger, camshaft, bored throttle body, bigger valves....
most of that stuff would be from www.lcengineering.com . I just wanted to know what combo of those things would give the most power, since i can't afford all of them at the moment.

Thanks for your time, Russ

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally Id go with the air filter, exhaust, and cams if the budget allows. The throttle body can be bored at a local machine shop, not sure the cost on that. Cams would be a great hp gain, the intake/exhaust, your looking between 5-15(max) depending on the setup you go with, but will also give the car a really nice sound. Plus to get more out of the cams, your going to need more air going in, so the intake is a must. Not sure on US prices, or your connections with them, but if you got a hook up, those three shouldn't come out to more than $1000 USD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help... i'll probably go with the cam, header, and intake...those should make a nice difference. Are there any brands other than LC engineering that sells performance parts for the older celicas??

·
Registered
21 Posts
The better it breathes, the easier it will be to get power, now and later. Do the regular, intake, exhaust then the header, TB, and cams. I'm not much of an FI guy myself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts