Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
What is the normal run in kilometer's for a 2010 Corolla before the engine is run in?

How long would it take to warm up a Corolla with temperatures below zero, i.e. - 12 Degrees?
It depends on how you are warming up the car. If you do it correctly & drive the car easy it will warm up much quicker than allowing it to idle while warming up. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
It depends on how you are warming up the car. If you do it correctly & drive the car easy it will warm up much quicker than allowing it to idle while warming up. :D
+!:thumbsup:

I do agree, thats why i didint go for remote starter. Save gas and time. and besides, it only allow us to idle the car for 3 mins on winter, or else youll got ticket!

Btw, a really informative thread! stick it!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Updated some of the info.

Thanks for the support guys.

Again, post any additional information, any threads, etc. that you think I missed that should be added.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
PM'd Phat about making this thread a sticky!

Also updated and added additional information!

If you guys find any info that needs to be added just post it and I'll go ahead and put it on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW thread. Well, one of the frustrations of new Corolla owners is how to change the oil filter (after the freebie maintenance runs out). Apparently the new cannister filters require a special tool to take apart the filter assembly, right? Is there a drain tube issue involved? In fact, is there ANY decent tutorial (or person to ask here) who can answer the simple question of HOW DO I CHANGE MY OIL FILTER? Thanks.......

·
The Corolla That Could
366 Posts
Yeah, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW thread. Well, one of the frustrations of new Corolla owners is how to change the oil filter (after the freebie maintenance runs out). Apparently the new cannister filters require a special tool to take apart the filter assembly, right? Is there a drain tube issue involved? In fact, is there ANY decent tutorial (or person to ask here) who can answer the simple question of HOW DO I CHANGE MY OIL FILTER? Thanks.......
Everything you need to know.....except how to search!:lol: ---->How to remove the oil filter

If youve done oil changes on previous vehicles, you dont need a tutorial for this car. My best advice is a get one of the tools listed in the thread I linked (I have the adjustable type, works ok). When you get under the car, take the filter out before you drain the oil. I do this, exepcially on a new car, so that I know I'll be able to complete the job before I drain the oil out.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Everything you need to know.....except how to search!:lol: ---->How to remove the oil filter

If youve done oil changes on previous vehicles, you dont need a tutorial for this car. My best advice is a get one of the tools listed in the thread I linked (I have the adjustable type, works ok). When you get under the car, take the filter out before you drain the oil. I do this, exepcially on a new car, so that I know I'll be able to complete the job before I drain the oil out.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:
+1

There are no tricks to changing the oil & filter on the Corolla. It just uses a canister oil filter, once the housing is off the filter is easily exchanged with a new supplied o-ring & installed. Get one of the supplied tools if you don't already have one to get the housing off. I can just loosen my with my hands once I did my first oil change. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Toyota Technician
17 Posts
Brand: Tein S-Techs Lowering Springs NOTE: These S-Techs were designed for the 9thGen Corolla]
Drop: ---NEED INFO---
Height Above the Tire:
Front: 1/2"
Rear: 1/4"
Tire Size Used: 225/40/18

Front:​

Rear:​

That's exactly the drop i want... So i guess 9 gen springs fit in my 2011 corolla?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is coilovers really that much better than springs i want the drop but i dot want to be broke either would it work if i got springs an aftermarket struts?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
26 Participants
gold94corolla
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing