Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, new here. I am wondering why a person would use a spacer between the hub and wheel when it is so much safer to simply get a wheel with an offset the puts the wheel where you want it? Just wondering. Are there no wheels available like that?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi, new here. I am wondering why a person would use a spacer between the hub and wheel when it is so much safer to simply get a wheel with an offset the puts the wheel where you want it? Just wondering. Are there no wheels available like that?
Some like to keep their stock wheels, but have more of a aggressive fitment, only option is to use spacers. Some might have scored a great deal on wheels, but the offset isn't as aggressive as they wanted, so spacers is the option. Some can't afford to get new wheels, tires, etc., again spacers is the option. :)

As long as the spacer is hub centric and is torqued down to the correct specs, it's certainly safe. I've used eBay no name brand spacers for almost a year with no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 corolla bodykits question

2009 COROLLA S. I have one but I would like to install one of the body kits but the bodykit is for the model of an 2012 model will it fit my 09 or is the 2012 corrolla body that much diff? Does any one know? BTW the body kit i want to install is
DURAFLEX® - GT Concept Body Kit

2012 Toyota Corolla

2012 Toyota Corolla
or this one

DURAFLEX® - W-1 Body Kit

2012 Toyota Corolla

·
not a 4x4
895 Posts
It won't fit your '09. The headlights and taillights are different shapes between '09 and '12. You'd probably have to swap the quarterpanels in order to make this kit fit.

·
not a 4x4
895 Posts
Dealer, online, junkyards. Not sure if this is even possible. In addition to quarterpanels, you'll have to swap head lights, tail lights, and trunk to the 10.5 gen. Maybe you can find someone to swap with?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No need to swap the fenders if that's what you are referring to as the quarterpanels. The only thing that changed between the 10 and 10.5 are mainly just the front & rear bumpers and the head & tail lights and as well as the trunk lid.

If you'd really want that body kit, just find some 2011+ head & tail lights and the trunk lid.

Here's a comparison, take a look at the fenders.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You wouldn't even HAVE to have he trunk lid, honestly. The 10.5 outer tails mixed with the 10th gen inner tails are the best possible look, IMO. Ala the Altis look.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
26 Participants
gold94corolla
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing