Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone!

I just bought a 2002 Solara V6 SLE. Scanner said both o2 sensors were bad(1135 and 1155). I replaced both twice and still get same trouble codes. Someone mentioned resetting the ECM. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Howdy everyone!

I just bought a 2002 Solara V6 SLE. Scanner said both o2 sensors were bad(1135 and 1155). I replaced both twice and still get same trouble codes. Someone mentioned resetting the ECM. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
To start, P1135 & P1155 refer to air:fuel ratio sensors, not O2 sensors. Your 2002 Solara V6 has 2 A/F sensors and 2 O2 sensors. Did you replace the correct sensors? The A/F sensors are upstream of the respective cats in the exhaust system (the O2 sensors are downstream of the respective cats).

Second, the codes mean there is a problem in the heater circuit involving these sensors. For both to have problems at exactly the same time would cause me to check if the fuse and/or relay involving this dedicated heater circuit for these 2 sensors may be bad instead of the sensors themselves. Most times, the A/F sensor heaters themselves fail, but there are times when a fuse blows or a relay no longer closes its contacts properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized people were having trouble with air/fuel ratio sensors too. Code book just said sensor, not A/F or o2, so my mechanic replaced the one right on the exhaust manifold and the one downstream at the cat. He bought o2 sensors. I'll check with the parts store to see about A/F sensors. Would you happen to know location of A/F sensors? I'm assuming one is on back of motor near firewall? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,777 Posts
The A/F sensors are the sensors located on the manifold. The O2 sensors are located further down on the pipe.

Two bad A/F sensors is HIGHLY unlikely.

Which sensors did you use (Denso, Bosch, NTK)?

Stop throwing parts at it and have a look at all the fuses.

Reactions: mxgeezer

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I just realized people were having trouble with air/fuel ratio sensors too. Code book just said sensor, not A/F or o2, so my mechanic replaced the one right on the exhaust manifold and the one downstream at the cat. He bought o2 sensors. I'll check with the parts store to see about A/F sensors. Would you happen to know location of A/F sensors? I'm assuming one is on back of motor near firewall? Thanks!
Can you give me your model code (from the sticker on your driver door area)? It should be something to the effect of MCV20L-GCPNKA. Need to have this exact model number for your vehicle. With it, I can send you a diagram of where your A/F & O2 sensors are, and what the Toyota P/N's are, which I think will help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out today. There are 2 upstream o2 sensors, 1 down stream. AutoZone and Oreilly's didn't say anything about there being 3, and I didn't ask out of ignorance. The hardest one to replace is bank 1 sensor 2(or was it sensor 1?), accessed from under the car on back of motor. The 2 upstream sensors are the same part #. Problem solved. Thank you for your help!:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.