Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. how can I tidy this up? I would like something with a 10mm bolt or maybe a wingnut type that looks OEM. or something non el-cheap gold plated.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Connect one big cable (4 gauge?) to the battery and then run it to some kind of distribution block that's in a good location. Connect all the smaller wires to the distribution block.

Or, for small accessories you can add a few wires to the big power terminal inside the top corner of the fuse box under the hood. Run the new wires through the hole along with the stock wires. Don't get too crazy adding accessories to this terminal, because this terminal also powers many of your trucks stock accessories.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
thats exactly how mine looks right now. lol. i wanna do what pb said and get a distribution box and mount it on the inside of the left fender. i've seen a few people at ttora do it. i just hesitate to fix something that doesn't really need to be fixed. but its always nice to look at organized battery terminals. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
:eek: I have never looked, but are there any distro terminals anywhere in the engine bay? If not you might want to add one. That might just be too much stuff for a terminal to look clean.

Here is a wingnut terminal like you were talking about. But I doubt it will handle all those wires.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=263-610

Or you could take one 4 AWG off the battery and take it to a 4 AWG in / 4-8 AWG out such as this. It will help you clean it up, but sorry I cant find one not in gold.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=070-820

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Instead of using a distribution block you could just put a big ring terminal on the end of a 4 gauge wire that's coming off of the battery, and use the ring terminal and a bolt as a distribution block. Put the bolt through all the ring terminals, tighten it all down with a nut and washer, and insulate it some how. I'd use big heatshrink. This isn't as fancy as using a gold plated distribution block, but it will work just as good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Instead of using a distribution block you could just put a big ring terminal on the end of a 4 gauge wire that's coming off of the battery, and use the ring terminal and a bolt as a distribution block. Put the bolt through all the ring terminals, tighten it all down with a nut and washer, and insulate it some how. I'd use big heatshrink. This isn't as fancy as using a gold plated distribution block, but it will work just as good.
I tried like hell to find this man a distribution block, just like the ones that come factory in most vehicles, but I could not find one. That is definately the cleanest way to do it. You could prolly pick one up at an auto parts store and it would even come with a red plastic cover that says "+" on it. Worst case go to a Chevy dealer and get one there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
why not try something like this. this is how re run additional items for our boats. it basically becomes another fuse panel. it's marine grade so it can take the moisture in the hood area

http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for some awsome ideas. I like the last one by peircedtiger. I like the small second battery that fits in that location. Any ideas what battery type it is? It looks like a lawn and tractor battery.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Thanks everyone for some awsome ideas. I like the last one by peircedtiger. I like the small second battery that fits in that location. Any ideas what battery type it is? It looks like a lawn and tractor battery.
It's an odyssey. Check out the write up here. Same guy did another write up as well (not sure which one has the most current parts list so I don't know the model number for that battery.)

2006 Taco Dual Battery and AUX Fuse Block - TTORA Forum

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
why not try something like this. this is how re run additional items for our boats. it basically becomes another fuse panel. it's marine grade so it can take the moisture in the hood area

http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126

i work on large yachts for a living installing electronics and i use these things everyday. they work really well and keep things clean and simple. if you want i can get these at cost. just let me know.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Haha I do the same thing. I have bookmarks for everything.
I go beyond book marks! I save the whole page if it's something I REALLY want to do. Like that TTORA dual battery write up, and the Toytec install on TS. It started with the Toytec thread. I saved it to my laptop to work without internet at my friend's house. Then the images disappeared from the original post so I've emailed my copy to a few people, and started saving key threads incase the same thing happens again.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I go beyond book marks! I save the whole page if it's something I REALLY want to do. Like that TTORA dual battery write up, and the Toytec install on TS. It started with the Toytec thread. I saved it to my laptop to work without internet at my friend's house. Then the images disappeared from the original post so I've emailed my copy to a few people, and started saving key threads incase the same thing happens again.
LOL do you use MS word ? or adobe?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
LOL do you use MS word ? or adobe?
neither... I use Fire Fox (or rather, Flock now. It's based on FF though). It just saves the main page as HTML, all the images (smilies, icons, spacers, images, etc), and changes the local page links to reference an image folder it creates.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.