Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grey colored car seat gets easily stained by and kind of moisture. EVEN WATER!!!! What do you guys recommend to remove these stains? PLEASE HELPPP :(((

·
Registered
'94 and '14 Corollas
244 Posts
I'd also like to know, because my LE with gray seats has a large stain in the passenger seat. I thought it was because of my mechanic friend, but I think it's actually because of a bottle of water that had a loose cap. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can use any car upholstery cleaners from Walmart. But make sure to clean the whole seat section (not just the stain) otherwise you will end up with another stain.

However what I do is that I wipe the entire seat section with damp cloth, then spray Shout evenly on the stains - leave it for couple of minutes then scrub and wipe it off with damp cloth. This gave me excellent results.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can use any car upholstery cleaners from Walmart. But make sure to clean the whole seat section (not just the stain) otherwise you will end up with another stain.

However what I do is that I wipe the entire seat section with damp cloth, then spray Shout evenly on the stains - leave it for couple of minutes then scrub and wipe it off with damp cloth. This gave me excellent results.
I scotchguarded mine, then realized I was going to mess them up since I'm always driving with a coffee mug, so seat covers it was, easy peace of mind

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have pulled coffee stains out of these seats (thanks to my girlfriend for that) before with some simple interior cleaner/ a good scrub, though I got to it right away.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla LE Eco
304 Posts
I think it's unlikely that just water would cause a stain. I've always had good success with wet cloth with dish soap on it. Then just a wee cloth to remove the soap.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I think it's unlikely that just water would cause a stain. I've always had good success with wet cloth with dish soap on it. Then just a wee cloth to remove the soap.
Same here. Water spot certainly stand out for a moment but quickly disappear as they dry. It can't be otherwise... unless it mixes with dirt already in the fabric.

·
Registered
'94 and '14 Corollas
244 Posts
Same here. Water spot certainly stand out for a moment but quickly disappear as they dry. It can't be otherwise... unless it mixes with dirt already in the fabric.
I thought the exact same thing. I had a water bottle sideways on the seat, and then when my girlfriend sat down she realized the seat was wet. The cap on the water bottle wasn't 100% tight. I figured leaving the car in the sun would evaporate the water and get rid of the spot..but I was definitely surprised to see the stain still there the next day. I tried Dawn dish soap and a wet rag (only on the stain edges, though) and that didn't help. I might try one of those upholstery cleaners..or just live with it.

·
Registered
2014 Corolla S+ 6MT
42 Posts
My 2006 Corolla had light grey seats. Wearing blue jeans stained the seat light blue. I made sure to get a darker interior on my 2014.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought the exact same thing. I had a water bottle sideways on the seat, and then when my girlfriend sat down she realized the seat was wet. The cap on the water bottle wasn't 100% tight. I figured leaving the car in the sun would evaporate the water and get rid of the spot..but I was definitely surprised to see the stain still there the next day. I tried Dawn dish soap and a wet rag (only on the stain edges, though) and that didn't help. I might try one of those upholstery cleaners..or just live with it.
This happened to us. I refused to believe it was possible - but I'm seeing other people with this experience. In our case a water bottle spilled - didn't think it was a big deal, but now it is stained.

We took it to a professional cleaner and they refused to work on it.

Am I crazy? What kind of seat gets permanently stained with water?! My Mom thinks we need to replace the seat upholstery now - there has to be a better solution.

Any help appreciated.

-2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I use hot water with a little bit of color safe laundry detergent. Scrub with a rag in one direction on the whole seat until it comes off. Do not soak the seat with water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use hot water with a little bit of color safe laundry detergent. Scrub with a rag in one direction on the whole seat until it comes off. Do not soak the seat with water.
And this will get off the water stain? Do you know what the soap is removing - all that was spilled was just bottled water...

·
Registered
87 Posts
What I used was a spray bottle with a mix of vinegar and some tide laundry detergent to get out all the stains in the seats of my 2014 le. I also used a Hoover steam cleaner which was basically a wet vac. It got all of it out.

Unfortunately it is the fabric that toyota uses on the Corolla.

The IM uses the black cloth seats which to me are better. The best thing you can do is get seat covers in a gray leather to match the interior

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope i can relate , the water will dry up but it will still leave a dark ring around the area the water was initially . ):)

·
Registered
'94 and '14 Corollas
244 Posts
I remember reading that someone said “you can fart on these seats and it’ll leave a stain”, and that pretty much sums it up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to own one of this make and model to comment, so please don’t comment on cleaning techniques. You can wash. Water stains are the result of any cleaning coming out from the seats. Looks like crap. The material sucks. Toyota doesn’t want to help or have any solutions other than recommending upholstery repair companies to replace or cover. Kind of defeats the point of buying a new car with having to pay extra for something in something that is new or covering with a trashy looking seat cover. Toyota should offer a solution. Who would you talk to besides the dealership to have a solution? I’m definetly considering buying cars elsewhere in the future from Honda.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts