Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

I'm about to the (hopefully) proud owner of an '06 Yaris RS.

I'm considering buying the 16" TTE Pitlane rims from the dealer, but I'm not sure how wide or heavy they are. I imagine at $960 they're a better deal than four 16" rims from Schmoe's Performace Shop and I won't have to wait for 8 months to hear back from them...

Anyhow, weight and width? Anyone? What do you think about these rims? (Sorry I don't have a picture.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
dresden_k said:
Hey folks.

I'm about to the (hopefully) proud owner of an '06 Yaris RS.

I'm considering buying the 16" TTE Pitlane rims from the dealer, but I'm not sure how wide or heavy they are. I imagine at $960 they're a better deal than four 16" rims from Schmoe's Performace Shop and I won't have to wait for 8 months to hear back from them...

Anyhow, weight and width? Anyone? What do you think about these rims? (Sorry I don't have a picture.)
I know a fellow Yaris owner who bought 4 brand new polished "American Racing " 16' wheels with 205/45/16 Kumho tires, mounted/balanced with lug nuts and hub rings and tax, for only $1190 Canadian from <tiretrends.com> in Maple Ridge, BC. Bet you'll pay alot more than that if you go with the Pitlane from Toyota. Although they are only polished, the American Racing wheels look like chrome if you're more than 5 feet away, whereas the Pitlane look like a stock Toyota wheel.

·
Registered
asst'd
78 Posts
Dude Are you serious? (have you hit your head lately?)

You’re gonna drop $240 a pop for some heavy ass OEM wheel before spending the equal amount on an aftermarket wheel?

The aftermarket will be lighter / better looking and have equal or better fitment (by taking advantage of different offsets to compensate for wider rim and tire)

$240 a wheel gets some pretty nice aftermarket wheels, and if your local speedshop can’t source wheels in 4x100 - 15x6.5 or 16x7 than they should be shut down.

Just look here
http://www.tiretrends.com/wheel_catalog.php3

or here
http://www.1010tire.com/

My Konig Heliums are both stronger and lighter than OEM and look better IMO (from the time I paid online to the time they arrived mounted and balanced was exactly a week) not too long to wait is it?

The were less than $150 each (in stock) , I think I paid about $100ea for Yokohama AVS ES 100 (a very nice tire) so all told I was able to get wheels AND tires for just over $1000

People who buy OEM wheels from the dealer make baby Domokun cry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Island Boy said:
I know a fellow Yaris owner who bought 4 brand new polished "American Racing " 16' wheels with 205/45/16 Kumho tires, mounted/balanced with lug nuts and hub rings and tax, for only $1190 Canadian from <tiretrends.com> in Maple Ridge, BC. Bet you'll pay alot more than that if you go with the Pitlane from Toyota. Although they are only polished, the American Racing wheels look like chrome if you're more than 5 feet away, whereas the Pitlane look like a stock Toyota wheel.
I think I saw that car, is it Blue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
YaYaYARIS said:
it was blue, so may have been, I saw the wheels while we where both in the ferry line up to Victoria last month. he lives in Duncan, but he did say he wasn't puting the wheels on until spring, they where in the back as he had just picked them up on the mainland.

·
Registered
36 Posts
YaYaYARIS said:
talked to the guy today, he said he hasn't driven with the new wheels/tires yet, he's waiting until spring before putting them on, when theres no more salt on the roads, so it wasn't him you saw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts