Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new set of 17x7 and 17x8 rims not too long ago and have yet to put them on my 91 NA. Could anyone shed some light on what tire size i should go with which will not result in wheel well scrapige?? I currently have 15x7's and they hit the wheel well every now and then . my car is lowered an inch all the way around, but i will be buying new springs, which lower it about 1.5/1.7 inches.

Also, I would like to know people's opinions of what brand/type of tire that are high performance, but still do not loose treat so quickly. My GT Qualifiers are absolutely horrid in the tread wear department.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
ur shocks prolly need replacing...u shouldn't be rubbing with 15s....most common sizes are 215/40 or 35/17 for fronts.....225 (or larger 235 or 245-any bigger and u'll prolly have to roll the fenders)/35 or 40/17s for rears....

my vote for tires would be Toyo T1-S..they may be a bit pricey but they are awesome in dry and wet conditions.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
my car is lowered about 2 inches in the front and I tried to put on 215's in the front and lets just say that the whole spring strut and everything was laying on 50% of the tire but 205's work fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts