Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experienced a problem with the fuel gauge and outside temp reading. Both were erratic for a couple of days but now just the outside temp gauge is reading way off. I cannot find any info or others having a similar problem. Any ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Have you done any electrical/electronic mods on the truck?

Outside temperature comes from the A/C system, which uses that information to know when it's too cold to run the compressor. Fuel level comes from the sender in the tank of course. Not sure how much those two things have in common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you done any electrical/electronic mods on the truck?

Outside temperature comes from the A/C system, which uses that information to know when it's too cold to run the compressor. Fuel level comes from the sender in the tank of course. Not sure how much those two things have in common.
Years ago I added an interior trailer brake control but I doubt that would have any effect. Thanks for the info that the A/C is involved in temperature sensing. Will pursue that route. Fuel gauge seems to be working, now. ??

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Electrical demons are very difficult to track down.

Even though a trailer brake sounds totally unrelated, it might still be a good idea to check all the wiring and splices and make sure nothing has corroded or come loose over time and could be causing intermittent shorts or bad connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts