Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2017 XSE Camry, 2010 Rav4 sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents , I found a TSB for my sunroof popin and crackling , TSB says 4.5 hrs , I called a big store in Edm AB and they never heard of it and TSB number didn't come up, question I have , has anyone had the shim kit installed and complaint repaired properly ?? I have warranty till Mar 2020 , not sure I trust them in small town store near me lol, big job

thx for any insite

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,506 Posts
Call a different dealership. I am not sure but there could be a possibility that US and CA TSB's are different.

·
Registered
2016 camry se/240sx
5 Posts
yeah theres a tsb for this, ive done it on a 17 xse actually, its a shim kit and felt tape. there is a pinch weld that goes along the sunroof that makes the noise. shims go between spot welds and felt tape along the roof near the front of the sunroof, T-SB-0039-18 is the tsb (y)

·
Registered
Black 2017 XSE Camry, 2010 Rav4 sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah theres a tsb for this, ive done it on a 17 xse actually, its a shim kit and felt tape. there is a pinch weld that goes along the sunroof that makes the noise. shims go between spot welds and felt tape along the roof near the front of the sunroof, T-SB-0039-18 is the tsb (y)
ty,ill price out the kit ,see if my store has done it before , I don't mind doing it cuz I got all the time in the world lol, whole car has to come apart lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
ty,ill price out the kit ,see if my store has done it before , I don't mind doing it cuz I got all the time in the world lol, whole car has to come apart lol
[/QUOTE]
Had mine done at the dealer. Problem was fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2015 Camry XSE
143 Posts
Definitely push the issue with the dealer to do it (assuming Canadian dealers have a comparable TSB). I noticed the issue with my '15 when I got it a couple years ago but never asked about it until just recently. Then, of course, the standard warranty had expired and the extended warranty didn't cover it. It only covers outright component failures, not design flaws - right from the horse's mouth. I'm still "perturbed" about that...

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,426 Posts
Got mine fixed under warranty as well. Just a kit like everyone said and it stopped the noise after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts