Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this product on Ebay to be cheaper than the Navik's Motion Lockout Bypass.
Have anyone try this for their 2018 Camry?

If so, does it work with Carplay and does it affect the Bird Eye View when shifts into D? Thanks.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,088 Posts
What do you mean if it works with carplay?

It shouldn't mess with the birds eye view, it just tricks the system into thinking it's not in drive.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean if it works with carplay?

It shouldn't mess with the birds eye view, it just tricks the system into thinking it's not in drive.
Thanks for the answer. For Carplay when the vehicle is in motion, you can't use the keyboard input for the map and browse the playlist for songs. Will this product bypass that also?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the answer. For Carplay when the vehicle is in motion, you can't use the keyboard input for the map and browse the playlist for songs. Will this product bypass that also?

I had it on my 2018 prior to trading it in for the 2019 hybrid. Unfortunately, there was no carplay update yet, so can't confirm that, but everything else worked perfectly fine. Display art, addresses in scout when in motion, mkv movies in motion. Only side effect is auto sound level will no longer work, basically it will always behave as off.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it on my 2018 prior to trading it in for the 2019 hybrid. Unfortunately, there was no carplay update yet, so can't confirm that, but everything else worked perfectly fine. Display art, addresses in scout when in motion, mkv movies in motion. Only side effect is auto sound level will no longer work, basically it will always behave as off.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts