Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I own a Camry 2.4 from 2003 and i would like to replace standard 16" rims with 18". I live in Sweden but i guess there should not be any differences between US and Europe model when it comes to wheels?

Anyway which tire dimension are possible to put on 18"? Tires that will not look too thin but at the same time i would still like to have 4-5 people in the car without having tires up in the metal :)

So what do you think ?
225/45/18"
235/40/18"
240 ?????

thanks
in advance and sorry for bad english =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kasimmmmm said:
hey, i am also planning to chanhe my wheels, i just called about 7 stores and the widest you can go is 245/40/18
damn that reply was fast :)

btw do you know any gallerys / members with pictures of Camry with 18" rubber ?

Is it like 100% positive that 245/40/18 is cool? Cause if i order them and then they not fit there is no way in hell to return them back :O

·
Resident slacker
2015 Highlander
559 Posts
I don't know about 245, but I run 235's on my 18"s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh looks nice kgasso :)

any of you that use / or plan to use lowering springs? I am planning to use springs from tte.de / trd (toyota racing development) which lowes the car about 30 mm.

Any experience with those and 18" ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
have a look at www.cardomain.com, you can find your generation camry (years 2002+ ) and see what others have done to their camrys, I'm sure there are some with 18 inch rims
I don't know how expensive (or cheap) internet service is in sweden though, might take you a while!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mosquito said:
have a look at www.cardomain.com, you can find your generation camry (years 2002+ ) and see what others have done to their camrys, I'm sure there are some with 18 inch rims
I don't know how expensive (or cheap) internet service is in sweden though, might take you a while!
ahh thanks for the info :)
No probs with internate ...flatrate ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
psyjoniz said:
you can check mine out (click link in sig). 235/45 r18. yea - i know it needs to be lowered. enjoy.
ahh nice wheels !

U seem to have a lot of styling goodies for camry in Usa. In Sweden, camry 2001 and later styling does not exist :(

·
the architect
61 Posts
zsh said:
ahh nice wheels !

U seem to have a lot of styling goodies for camry in Usa. In Sweden, camry 2001 and later styling does not exist :(
thats what makes the internet great - it might cost you a bit more but you can order anything you want online. :)

much thanks for the compliment

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
psyjoniz your ride looks awesome. Looks like the newer version of mine:thumbup: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts