Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
178 Posts
Interesting enough, I was searching for it yesterday evening (it was complete dark outside) with my phone`s "flashlight". Obviously, if there is a LED in there, it is not lit up! I`ll do some more digging.

Make sure your headlights are on, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so i managed to open the trims up, but i'm having a very hard time finding the led or the harness, if anyone could show pics or could walk me through it i would really appreciate it. I'm looking in the middle i don't see any harness or anything and now im starting to worry that this light i ordered will be of no use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so i managed to open the trims up, but i'm having a very hard time finding the led or the harness, if anyone could show pics or could walk me through it i would really appreciate it. I'm looking in the middle i don't see any harness or anything and now im starting to worry that this light i ordered will be of no use.
After you take off the 3 trim parts, there's a little square/rectangle that you can look through above the glovebox. There's a black wire harness with a white tip that connects into the trim. If you look through the square/rectangle, it should be a little bit to the right. You have to squeeze your hand in there to unhook the wire. It's kinda to the left of the right air vent

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
178 Posts
To install you just clip onto the dash vent trim clips and connect the wire adapter to the glove box light.
Note the glove box light socket is hard to come out, you don't have much space to put your hands in, you need a pry tool to release the clip lock in picture 3. All else is a breeze snap back in place and turn on the lights. Voila.
See images below:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got it installed!

thanks guys for the help, ya i found it but it was a tight squeeze getting it in. I got the dark blue light and it looks amazing.

·
Registered
2018 TOYOTA CAMRY SE
15 Posts
Also the link from Aliexpress has the combo for the atmosphere light and the door light handle. The blue light is a lil darker shade of blue. Just happened to install that recently. To do that door handle has to be removed and you gotta take the door handle apart. Lemme know if looks good

Attachments

·
High on Highlander
66 Posts
wow, this was the easiest install ever. Literally took 15 min. 2018 SE model (USA). Got the cool blue light...matches the blue for the radio dials etc. aliexpress $20, took 2 weeks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts