Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Been searching around either for a Re-man or parts to rebuild my distributor and cant find anything. Currently @ 144,000 miles and with the original distributor the engine is running fine but i get that occasional "jump"/"miss" while idling in "D" at the stop light. Its not a misfire or out of timing, it may just be time to replace the timing chains/sprockets etc. I'm the second owner of going on 10 yrs now and got the car from a little old lady who had it from day 1, i got it @ 95K and i'm pretty sure the timing chains havent been replaced. so thats probably is the problem. seeing how scarce its becoming to find parts i wanted to get another distributor or at least find parts to rebuild. anybody got any leads?

maintenance done is the standard change out of wires, cap,plugs, rotor, points.

Amazoom/ Cardone....Reman. PN 31-704... out of stock and no ETA (got this from a customer service person at Cardone)

Rockauto... only has services available to rebuild...they use to carry the Carone 31-704(should have gotten it when they were avail.)

thanks!

73' corona /18RC/auto/3spd/2 DHT

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE Just got a Reman. from Rockauto... Cardone 31-704 $130.00 + Core $17.00, shipped to HI. ..... $160.00. Amazon was still N.I.S. Overall condition was good, everything was media blasted, the vacuum advance dial was metal and showed slight pitting(media blasted as well), wish they would have installed the plastic one. my OEM one was still zinc coated with the red lettering increments) . I'll $ rate this like you would a restaurant 1 out of 4 ($$$$).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.