·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What i would love to have:

- 18's, 225-245 with 40 profile
- Evo 4 full body kit (sits low)
- Springs, 1.5 Inch drop all around

This seems like its gonna be a problem, the evo4 kit already sits low, and if i drop the camry AND kit it, i think im gonna be like 0.2 inches off the ground in the front....

I want the car to handle well, minimal body roll, here are the springs i have in mind:

VOGTLAND 1.5 inch all around
Eiback 1.2 inch all around
mayb even Dropzone 1.8 all around

Any comments? IM thinkin rims/lower 1st, then body kit......not sure yet, any suggestions?

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
I'm planning on the same mods as you are for my 04 SE.

I was planning on the drop first to check clearances and such. Don't want to invest $1,000+ dollars with out knowing what will actually fit. I was planning on driving it dropped for a month or so to see how it is in actual daily driving(rubs on speed bumps? rubbing on the turns?). I'm looking at the TRD's or Eibach's.

When I had a good idea on my clearances I would order what I knew would fit. Haven't dropped it yet but my preliminary numbers are 18" x 7.5" rim with 40mm back spacing running 225-235 40's. Tirerack has a good website with specs so you can see the differences in tire height, width and revolutions per mile.

Tirerack

As far as the Evo kit goes, every pic I could find on the net with that body kit the car was already dropped. And dropped pretty low. So if you drop your car the Evo should fit fine. The Evo looks like it's 4" lower than a stock bumper. (The bumper section, the air inlet and the lower section all seem to be around the same height. Around 4". The facory front end has the same dimensions except no section under the bottom air inlet.) So if you measure from the bottom of the front of your car to the ground then subtract the drop and the 4" you will probably be within an inch or so of the actual clearance. Or maybe not? :confused:

Hope this helps.

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
epidemic said:
aint gonna work evo kit is too low get 19's and keep it stock height

I don't want to argue .... But this was in a issue of superstrre awhile back I think they had a JT Auto Style or somthing like that evo kit on a gen 4 cam They also used the eibach springs which lower the car 1.2 front and 1.6 rear not 1.2 all around.

They had I beleive some racing harts on there 18" with the 225/40/18 and the was still enough clearence, At least 4.5"-6" of space int he front.

-Rick

·
Banned
352 Posts
o word , it didnt work for me but i also live in ny where it is almost impossible to drive a car with a bodykit well at least a kit that low to the gound

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
If you want to reduce body roll you should get a Rear Sway Bar and a Strut Tower Brace. Springs won't do that for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should probably go with the Eibach 1.2 inch setup with the Evo kit , I have H&Rs and they are rated 1.4 inch or so but it settled the front down to about 1.75 inches and the rear 1.2 inches, and I think its pretty low, my mudguards scrape over speedbumps even when I drove slowly over them. I think if you had the evo kit you might have problems going over bumps. I already have problems with just my MUDGUARDS scraping on bumps and I think the evo kit is much lower than my mudguards...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guys agree that I need to upgrade my stock springs.....I want the car to handle a bit better, I know that for body roll u need sway bars and strut bars, but springs are still a good idea, i will also get tokiho HP blue shocks, if i leave stock springs/shocks and get sway/strut bar it wont help me one bit. Im thinkin of goin eibach, doesnt drop too low, and i heard they are pretty good?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vogtlands are great springs. Drop is pretty mild I recall, about 1.5.

Got mine from purems.com, check with them for specs.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Not to jack this thread or anything, but i was thinking about going along the route of putting an R34 Front bumper, with Spyder side skirts, and either the Extreme or Kombat rear bumper with eibach springs and tokico struts. I love the EVO4, but I think it'll sit too low. especially driving in NY. But definatley go with the eibach and tokico:thumbup:

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
i got a R34 bumper sitting in my house, getting installed on saturday, i also purchased a black widow rear bumper, i dont really like any of the ones out there, and im picking up from eddie this weekend, black widow side skirts, going to look real good, ill post picks maybe sunday if almost everything is on.

·
Official TN P.I.M.P.
98 Toyota Camry
179 Posts
Careful with that evo kit, though. I heard mad stories about people crackin them on speedbumps and stuff. It sits REAL low.

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
342 Posts
I am dying to see your kit man. I've been admiring the r34 for sometime, so I would love to see an actual application (except eddies' of course cause whose car can look like his without winning the lottery). I would love to get that bumper but I can't find a rear bumper that isn't ugly for the gen 4's. The black widow is fine, but that's usually for dual exhaust setups and the kombat just looks ridiculous.

Anyhow, pics pleaaaassee!

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
^album requires password...:confused:

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Porkchop, where'd you get that r34 bumper? I saw one on ebay for like $99 + shipping for like $50. Is it worth it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts