Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.... I know I do have have "Corona67's" attention but seriously... Mythbuster idiots were working on this 67 Corona (as I saw in highlights only) where a seat is designed to EJECT the passenger out........... A hole was made in the roof... :confused:

NOW... why... why.. would u want to pick a 67 Corona for something like that. Basically I wanted to shuv that redesigned seat up their asses for ruining a classic but .......... did anybody catch that episode? What exactly happens?

I have NEVER seen ONE model of that generation Corona inside the United States or Canada, yet these clowns were able to get their hands on one.

I have, however, driven that car on a different continent... Changing gears on the column... .oh.. I can't describe my pleasure in words....

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I saw this episode a few weeks back and forgot to comment about it. Basically they fu.. err, bastardized that poor Corona. That could've been a nice project car. :disappoin

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
It got burnt in a later episode, trying a lighter myth...it burned...oh yes, it burned. Lol, yea the bastards, why couldnt they use a tired piece of crap instead of a mint classic, what a shame.

·
幻影
673 Posts
Why not? Quit being a whiney little bitch about it. If anything, it makes the existing Corona's even more rare, and pushes their prices up, which can be viewed as either a good or bad thing.

And keep in mind, not everyone views Toyotas the same as the people on this forum. I wouldn't mind totally destroying a Mitsubishi Starion, but say that on a Mitsubishi forum and everyone will tear me apart.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
That was a Corona? I thought it was a awesome looking Corolla.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:
And keep in mind, not everyone views Toyotas the same as the people on this forum. I wouldn't mind totally destroying a Mitsubishi Starion, but say that on a Mitsubishi forum and everyone will tear me apart.
You lil' bastard...

·
Quasi-Evil Monkey
957 Posts
In a few episodes, they use a late 70's Cutlass, and in one, they use a gen 3 (or 3.5, i'm not sure) black camry. It's the one where they try different fuel-saving devices.

I didn't know they burned up the corona, though. I remember the episode about the ejector seat.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
I think someone gave them that car, thats usually how they get them.

Did anyone see the episode where they held their hand to the rear window to see if it shattered? That was a Gen 3 Camry!!

·
Quasi-Evil Monkey
957 Posts
I just happened to flip on the tele and see the show on now. They were trying to construct a speaker/subwoofer that would tear a car apart (using a BMW or Mercedes) and then of all things trying to measure ride variance with the Cutlass I've seen in other episodes.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Mythbusters and Top Gear... the only two shows I ever watch anymore.

Oh, and CSI: Miami. But *just* to make fun of David Caruso :rofl:

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
Saw the episode, and the one where they burn it. Kinda stupid but it's too late now. Anyone see the one where they take a mint C4 Vette and put dead pigs or something inside it and leave them there for 2 months?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:
Why not? Quit being a whiney little bitch about it. If anything, it makes the existing Corona's even more rare, and pushes their prices up, which can be viewed as either a good or bad thing.

And keep in mind, not everyone views Toyotas the same as the people on this forum.
agreed...completely.

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:

Its fact that its a classic man, a classic in tip top shape. If it was some old rusty thing then fine, but someone obviously put alot of love into to that and thats why so many years later it looks amazing.

·
Random player
Toyota Corona 1975
5 Posts
It's always bad when they keep doing nasty things to old cars - but what can you say?
They buy those things, and as you know, those are 'crap' for most of peoples who don't understand the value of these classics. It's same to them what they molest, as long as viewers will get their car kill.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
midnightmach said:
but someone obviously put alot of love into to that and thats why so many years later it looks amazing.
or it sat in a barn forever.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Phatfantom68 said:
WOW... Somebody is having personal issues or just language problems..... :lol:
Don't agree with somebody.. no need to show your good side... LOL/.... :lol:

·
幻影
673 Posts
RAV4EVR said:
WOW... Somebody is having personal issues or just language problems..... :lol:
Don't agree with somebody.. no need to show your good side... LOL/.... :lol:
Sorry, I was a little harsh on you now that I look back on what I said :lol:

I don't take back what I said, but people complaining about destroying classics has gotten to bugging me. They paid for the car, and they can do whatever they want with it. If they wanna destroy it, more power to them!

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Phatfantom68 said:
Sorry, I was a little harsh on you now that I look back on what I said :lol:

I don't take back what I said, but people complaining about destroying classics has gotten to bugging me. They paid for the car, and they can do whatever they want with it. If they wanna destroy it, more power to them!
Just calm down man. :lol:

Don't mind if we continue mourning the Corona. Ignore us. Have you ever seen on on the road? Ever been in one?

·
幻影
673 Posts
RAV4EVR said:
Have you ever seen on on the road? Ever been in one?
Yes, and yes, actually. Back around 1999 my neighbors used to have a beat-ass 70's Corona that was always dying and basically was abused and never maintained by its previous owners.

They finally scrapped the car after the engine blew, but the car was rusty and beat to the point where it wouldn't be worth it to repair it. :thumbdown

1 - 20 of 21 Posts