Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Future Toyota Engineer
2006 Camry XLE
156 Posts
The article is wrong, I've read in some antique car books that the 2000GT's top speed is actually 144 mph.

By the way, that car is freakin' sweet.:naughty:

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
There's a red one in mint condition at my local dealer. Even the interior looks pretty damn new for 40 years. Of course, there's also a SR5 Corolla rally car (that the boss uses to race) and a Toyota Sera.

·
Registered
502 Posts
"While devotees of the Honda NSX continue to explain how and why their car should be taken seriously as a "real" supercar, Toyota 2000GTs owners need make no such excuses."

LOL! Too funny!

On the serious side, this is the 40th anniversary of the 2000GT on these shores.

I think TN needs to celebrate by buying me one for my 40th BD this year.

Everyone feel free to chip in!

C

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,604 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
There's a red one in mint condition at my local dealer. Even the interior looks pretty damn new for 40 years. Of course, there's also a SR5 Corolla rally car (that the boss uses to race) and a Toyota Sera.
that's one tight dealer.

a 2000gt and sera sitting in a non-museum lot!?!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
In reference to the article:FOR THE NINETHOUSANDMILLIONTH TIME:IT WAS NOT,I REPEAT NOT DESGINED BY COUNT ALBRECHT GÕERTZ! IT WAS DESGINED IN-HOUSE! JEEEZZZ!!!!!!!!

·
Future Toyota Engineer
2006 Camry XLE
156 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
I've never heard of the Toyota Sera. I googled it, and it's pretty cool.

How much does the boss want for it?

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
LextasyOverdose said:
that's one tight dealer.

a 2000gt and sera sitting in a non-museum lot!?!?
Yep. The Sera has a Cdn$10,000 asking price though (ouch!). The Sera is unlocked. Obviously the 2000GT and Corolla Rally are locked.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
MAR said:
I've never heard of the Toyota Sera. I googled it, and it's pretty cool.

How much does the boss want for it?
The Corolla? It's not for sale haha. I think he still uses it. It even has his blood type (as well as the co-driver) on the window. Hardcore!

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
2000GT :heart:

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Punky said:
In reference to the article:FOR THE NINETHOUSANDMILLIONTH TIME:IT WAS NOT,I REPEAT NOT DESGINED BY COUNT ALBRECHT GÕERTZ! IT WAS DESGINED IN-HOUSE! JEEEZZZ!!!!!!!!
You have only 6 posts and you were able to say it NINETHOUSANDMILLIONTH times? :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
aznstylez said:
could the Toyota Sera be the Japanese version of the American Toyota Paseo except for the gullwing? Cause the Toyota Sera looks freaking awesome.

http://www.omicron.uk.com/sera/seraturb.html
Sort of, it uses the same chassis as the Paseo and the Tercel but it has a 1.5 litre 5efhe with 110 hp and 100 lb tq. However the engine can easily make over 200hp on stock internals and 350hp+ on a built engine.:clap:

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Mr.Black said:
Sort of, it uses the same chassis as the Paseo and the Tercel but it has a 1.5 litre 5efhe with 110 hp and 100 lb tq. However the engine can easily make over 200hp on stock internals and 350hp+ on a built engine.:clap:
wow.. didn't know that.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
aznstylez said:
could the Toyota Sera be the Japanese version of the American Toyota Paseo except for the gullwing? Cause the Toyota Sera looks freaking awesome.

http://www.omicron.uk.com/sera/seraturb.html
I really don't care. There's nothing cooler than driving up in a RHD car with a gullwing door. If anyone asks, you say "nope, it's a factory standard, not a chopshop add-on." That'll be a conversation starter for sure!

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Mr.Black said:
Umm 200hp with some snail help yes. Ive never seen a 250hp+ 5EFE(1.5L L4) yet. So 350hp even on built 5EFHE is hard to believe. Now on a frankenstein 4EFTE/5EFHE now were looking into possiblities.

·
Registered
20 Posts
TTercel said:
Umm 200hp with some snail help yes. Ive never seen a 250hp+ 5EFE(1.5L L4) yet. So 350hp even on built 5EFHE is hard to believe. Now on a frankenstein 4EFTE/5EFHE now were looking into possiblities.
The Sera has a 5EFHE which when turboed and built has put out 350hp, and a 5efhe is better than a 4e in every respect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts