Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new. I just got a 1974 corolla and was wondering what the aftermarket was like for these vintage toyota's. I read an article in sport compact car a while ago about a bunch of people who are still tuning these. So if anyone knows what's up i would apreciate it. Thanks.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Now that's a pimp ride! :thumbup: :D thanks for the link cabanon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just curious, since I wanted to build one back a, uuhh, a few years ago, are there any 3TG engines left around anymore?

You used to be able and buy them used for $300, complete with Mikuni sidedrafts, headers, made 135hp.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
automatic said:
Just curious, since I wanted to build one back a, uuhh, a few years ago, are there any 3TG engines left around anymore?

You used to be able and buy them used for $300, complete with Mikuni sidedrafts, headers, made 135hp.

i'm not sure if you can still get 'em for that price. these motors are getting rare and the guys that're still running have already spent too many dollars to let 'em go. i saw a 2TG for sale at club4ag.com last week, can't remember the price though. try contacting toysport if you're from north america. you can however, get a 3TGTE right now, i saw a couple for sale. full motor with wiring harness located in California.

FYI: a good working Mikuni carbs+intake manifold+headers would already cost you $300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts