Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be in the position to buy a 1980 toyota corolla (2 dr) with 40K origional miles. The engine was seized up a few weeks back (women drove it wothout oil for a week). This car is imaculate, not a dent or scratch, all origional interior (which is perfect). Paint is even perfect (silver). I was woundering how much this car would be worth (how much should I pay). I will be rebuilding the engine myself (I work at Carquest and get everything at cost + 10%). What would this car be worth after the rebuild. I am a truck person and don't know much about theese cars.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
well under $1000. it would be classified as totaled as the cost to put a new engine in (maybe not your cost tho) far exceeds the value of the car. without knowing more about it, id say like 500 would be the high limit since it basically doesnt have an engine. and aim lower. get a pic and list tranny and options and im sure people can give you much better ideas of what to offer

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Dan.. from the info you posted it seems like you found a gem. if you're thinking of reselling it, stay with stock parts. pay around $500 max and with a rebuilt motor, you can sell it up to $2000 if the OEM interior is black (restorer's like it black), no dent or scratch. don't do any modifications keep it stock it'll generate more money, trust me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
80 corolla

If you don't buy it. Let me know and i'll pick it up if it's that clean. I have a 2tg that's looking for a new body to beat on. Thanks. Tony 773-301-5887.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That 2TG would definitely be nice on that model Corolla. Dad used to have one (only it was a 4 door Corolla, 1976). But that was a long way ago...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts