Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a mk3 w58 and soon going to be buying a 1jzgte non vvti. I was wondering if swapping that engine into my '81 corona will be possible without cutting the radiator support.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Looks like you need to break out the measuring tape. That and fabrication are about to be your friend. I have seen a few 2JZ-GTE Corona swaps online, but they seemed to require moving radiator ahead of the support and some firewall mods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you need to break out the measuring tape. That and fabrication are about to be your friend.
Thanks man..I met a guy at ke conversions and he makes motor mounts and tranny mounts for my corona. I just gonna probably go that route and put the radiator in between of the support and grille, where the a/c condenser is located.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It certainly can be done.

We'll need pics. >:D
Most definitely bud..I also want to manual swap my corona. I think there is factory holes for the clutch master cylinder already in the firewall, I think i just need to find a clutch pedal and clutch pedal bracket and I already have a mk3 w58 tranny. Any suggestions friend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Corona1209
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing