Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this truck for my brother and wondering what I can do to lift it and add some cheap 15 or larger rims & tires at it to give it a 4 wheel look. Money is tight so I want to do it as cheaply as possible, maybe a 3" body lift with some Ranger rims & tires? Do I need to change brake lines when adding a body lift kit? and what else is involved other than the nylon blocks? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven been searching online and the only lift kits I can find are body lifts for the truck and thats what I will buy. Now I'm wondering what rims will fit, because this is a beater, I just want to find a set of "take off's" from a Ranger or Jeep or whatever fits, and thats the question, does anyone know what fits this 5 lug 2wd Toyota truck? I have a set of late model F-150 rims / tires to trade for something that fits (these don't)

·
Offical Truck Nut
1990 Toyota
428 Posts
rims

I know mustang , ranger and rx-7 rims fit without spacers . I have a set of 16"croba R rims on my truck that came off a 99 or 00 mustang . the lug pattern on these trucks is 4 1/2 on 5 the only thing you have to look for is the right back spacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I think I have it figured out now, going with the 3" body lift and a set of used ranger rims or whatever else I can find for cheap, really happy with the truck engine and trans, seems like everything works great for 170,000 miles

·
Registered
44 Posts
I sucessfuly put Jeep Cherokee wheels on my 87 2WD. :naughty: Had to put em back though.

I really really want some of those 70s era slotted mags.

·
Offical Truck Nut
1990 Toyota
428 Posts
rims

69 Chysler newports also have the same lug pattern . A friend of mine has a set of Crager
super sports from the early 70's he is wanting to sell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts