Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the original-style factory chrome rear bumper with the black end caps like shown in the pic. Curious if anyone knows if they are still available thru some type of factory outlet or distributor. -thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks like a stock bumper for a 1st gen 4runner. Not like a stock pickup bumper...
hadn't realized that but you're right the 1st gen 4-runners and '84-88 truck bumpers were most likely the same. Quite certain though the pic above is the factory bumper. 2 more examples below. Anyone know if these bumpers are still available?

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1988 Toyota Pickup
42 Posts
I had the same bumper on my '88 when I bought it. I have found that if I google search for "1988 Toyota Pickup OEM Parts", I find a lot of websites advertising all the little parts that break off. I bought the caps for the front bumper for $8 including shipping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I bought my truck it had the style of bumper that hangs down below the rollpan. Ugly looking. Not to mention the guy I bought it from put a bumper style hitch that rusted it out and made it look worse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I believe theos bumpers with the caps on the rear are 2 wheel drive only. Try a 4x4 bumper and it would be an upgrade as they have no plastic end caps......?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe theos bumpers with the caps on the rear are 2 wheel drive only. Try a 4x4 bumper and it would be an upgrade as they have no plastic end caps......?
I am planning to eventually do a cosmetic restoration on my 2-wheel drive '88 extra-cab longbed...new paint(orig. color red), carpet/interior, factory stripe decal(though I may instead go with the '87 z-pattern style, I like that one better), factory chrome bumpers, etc. Currently it has a generic-type replacement chrome bumper which looks okay but I always liked the look of the original type with the plastic caps. Apparently they are both really tough to find(bumper and caps).

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I bought my truck in 86, the rear bumper was optional. I got them to throw in a bumper for free and since they did not have any of the regular ones I ended up with the generic heavy duty step one with the diamond tread on top. My truck has had an identity crisis until just recently. The black bumper in the front and a chrome on the back. Just converted to the one piece chrome front (and grill and lights). Wish I had done it sooner. Looks soooooo much better.

·
Registered
88 Toyota 4x2 pick u
5 Posts
84-88 Bumper

I have an '88 Pick up. I think I got "the chrome package" so my bumper was basically a three sided 6"x 6" beam of chrome with diamond plating on the top.. and it lowered in the middle for the license plate. I didnt have the caps on the ends. Of course mine rusted out really bad around 1993 so I took it off and got a chrome double tubular rig on there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts