Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my belt that runs up to alterntor and the water pump and i need to know how to replace it and how it is routed. And if anyone can tell me what i need to ask for at the parts store that would be great. can anyone help me please?

·
Banned
93 tercel
430 Posts
I lost my belt that runs up to alterntor and the water pump and i need to know how to replace it and how it is routed. And if anyone can tell me what i need to ask for at the parts store that would be great. can anyone help me please?
Tell the parts guy you need an alternator/water pump belt.
you should only have to adjust the alternator.It will be on a slide bracket.
loosen that bolt possibly a 12mm then move the alt to the tight position when belt is on.
Use a pry bar to hold it tighter in place then tighten the bolt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i do have a/c but there is three belts 1 small one on the front, i serpantine and then the one on the alternator and water pump but lookin at it there isnt any other place it can go except one big circle.

·
Banned
93 tercel
430 Posts
you might have to take all three off unfortunately I have never worked on an 84 but I can tell you the basics.
You should invest in a toyota manual it will tell you anything you need to know.

G

·
Join our T4WD Wagon Club at www.tercel4wd.com !
While you may or not have a Wagon, most of the mech parts are identical, save for the obvious 4WD trans and rear end.
We also have a Toy FSM on the site which covers all Gen II Tercels, so whatever you need is there. It is a free download, and is much better than Chilton's, et al.
There is a wealth of knowledge about this car available from our members - most of which is applicable to the 2WD Wagons and Sedans.
Tom M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts