Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a 1985 Carrolla its got a 4A-C motor and its FWD, auto. I know thoes 2 combinations are not good but any way its my first car and it does good handbrackies :)

I am going tho more petrol than my brothers car and hes got a VL with an RB30 and its auto but hes got new exhaused, extracters and a nice K&N air filter. I do about 80km on 10L and for u US guys 10 liters = 2.64172051 US gallons. I thought it was only cuz I got a real heavy foot but I have been takin it easy lately and it still uses alot of fuel. I mean my mates 308 v8 ute uses less when he dosen't floor it all the time.

I have checked the air-filter it looks all clean and redone the timing but I dont know much so wondering what u guys think. The car has done 175,000kms and it dosn't blow any black smoke exept some times when I start it when its cold or my mates get in it and flood the shit out of it. atm I am going tho about $60 of petrol a week :S (I drive ALOT).

BTW its a CS-X I forgot 2 say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also some modding ideas would be nice I wouldn't mind getting a little more power out of it before I get rid of my first car. ATM I have got some Sony Xploads in the back and I goto get a new head unit or a decent amp. I am gonna get the car resprayed cuz the current paint isn't in that good of a condition and a friend of mine is really good at airbrushing so I might get some wikid graphics on it but I dont wanna turn it into a ricer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I changed it to mpg for you. my car is doing about 19mpg. I might get my uncle to rebuild my carby he is really good at rebuilding carbys. I was thinking about putting webers in but that would use even more petrol. I am also thinking about puting a K&N airfilter in or somefin so could some 1 tell me what a good airfilter setup is best.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I'd clean up the carb, get some new plugs and air filter and that should give you better mileage.. sounds like the car needs a tune up really. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts