Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out where to get frame parts to repair broken top. Frame broken on drivers side behind rear window. I think it is called a pillar. HELP HELP

·
Registered
17 Posts
EMAIL ME>> I HAVE SEEN THIS CONVERTIBLE 2 OR 4 DAYS AGO IN A YARD BUT IT WILL COST YOU FOR ME TO GO AND GET IT! IT'S ABOUT HR 1.1/2 ONE WAY TO THIS YARD FROM MY HOME.OR MAYBE TOYOTA CAN HELP ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT IT WILL COST YOU THAT'S IF TOYOTA STILL MAKES THIS PARTS.:cool: I CAN GET IT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am in a quandry. I put this auto on eBay and sold it; however, the buyer has not come through and phone is a disconnect. eBay is looking into it now. Anyway, if you can spend not much time to verify with the auto wrecker that the vehicle you saw is a 1985 GTS convertible, AND, if they will tell you what they would charge for the entire assembly (assume it has to be the entire convertible frame and not just a part of it), it might be worthwhile for me to look into this. If for no other reason than maybe one of the backup bidders on eBay might be interested in buying the replacement frame. One of the bidders is rebuilding a GTS he owns; another wants to fix up the one I have. At least the info you generate might pay off. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I WAS UP THERE YESTERDAY LIKE I TOLD YOU.AND I ASKED THEM FOR THE PRICE FOR THE WHOLE CONVERTIBLE TOP AND THEY SAID IT WOULD BE $130 IF I PULLED IT.I CAN DO THAT. ASSUMING THAT THE GTS IS THE SAME AS THE GT COUPE THIS WOULD NOT BE A BAD INVESTMENT FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY.THE TOP IS ON AN 87 GT COUPE THIS TOP HAS EVERYTHING INC. THE HYDRAULIC PUMP BUT IT WON'T BE THERE FOR LONG.P.S. THAT'S HOW MUCH THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT. BUT YOU MUST CONSIDER MY TIME AND LABOR AND ALSO SHIPPING AND HANDLING.IF INTERESTED WE CAN DISCUSS THIS LATER.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts