Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok.. About 5 miles from my home, there is a guy selling a car (parked in a business parking lot) for $150.00... It is a 1986 Toyota Corolla (Car I grew up in) in blue color.. rusted from the bottom only and holes only below the door panels.. not in the doors.. but the car looks VERY OLD and USED................. :D

EDUARDO will TOW it to my house for free.

276k miles... auto trans.......... CAR DOES NOT RUN and probably needs an engine.. The light blue color is almost all faded. Interior is ok.. with a very few minor tears. The car hasn't been washed in a 100 years.

I want to buy and park NEXT to my SHED in the backyard to LOOK at every day... It does have a new muffler and tires. :D with life time warranty as EDUARDO told me over the phone... :D

I will NOT spend any money on it... for now.. and leave it parked.. may be in the future I can get it to run..

............. but Toyota DUDES............ It is a classic.......... The only reason I am debating on it is because if that thing comes to my house, I am AFRAId I might spend the next 5 years of my life bringing it to MINT condition........ say good bye to that 2008 future Toyota Corolla I got my eyes on.

I LOVE THAT 5th generation Corolla. GOD.... I hope he sells it........ It is killing me....... Just killing me driving by it every day.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can somebody SLAP me around and put some sense in my head?

I don't need that car and yet if I don't get it, I will cry for the rest of my life... May be I can restore it for my son when he turns sixteeen in 12 years and he can drive it to school........... Wouldn't it look KOOL in 2019 ?

150 dollars is a very tempting price.

HELP !!!

Serenity now... !

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
lol i wouldnt let me kid drive a 'classic' cos its not safe and i'd take him out of this world a lot faster than he was brought into the world if he damaged it. lol

anyways go buy it already.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Are we talking 4 door corolla or 2 door?

2 door SR5/GT-S style - awesome go for it.

4 door chevy nova style - you need help.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tommy said:
Are we talking 4 door corolla or 2 door?

2 door SR5/GT-S style - awesome go for it.

4 door chevy nova style - you need help.

4 door chevy nova style - DUDE......... :disappoin I grew up in that exact car..

Nova was a Corolla... With Chevy sticker.
Also... I ADORE its boxy shape... Just love it.. I think it is the most beautiful Corolla ever made. I mean that generation.

PS... I only love 4 door cars... I don't know why.

Here is a picture of a similar car............. but this one in good shape

Here is a very nice one..............

The Japanese version... nicer looking as usual...

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
damn good deal. buy it, get a pno registration and keep it as amini shed on wheels :lol:

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Whatever floats your boat i guess.....Never seen a 86 rolla any sort of fixed up, would be 1 of a kind car thats for sure. Although, as for old rolla's the TE72 early 80's style is pretty hot.

But please dont subject your 4 year old to that when he's 16. Thats grounds for a call to DSS.

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Tommy said:
Whatever floats your boat i guess.....Never seen a 86 rolla any sort of fixed up
I cry for you, having never enjoyed the sight of a fully retored 86 Corolla. :sosad:

Just look for pictures of mine. Though it is a GT-S there should be some on here some where. But all I have are pictures now, It got sideswiped by a dumptruck and started to rust again and the spoiler is falling off now. :sosad:

I still drive it but it pains my heart to see al my hard work go down the drain like that.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Oh, ive seen plenty of the coupes, but never the 4-door Nova style. all ive seen of them have been utter peices of crap.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
I wouldn't go for this one.

1.) it's rusted
2.) it doesn't run
3.) it'll be a moneypit

I've dealt with my share of cheap cheap cheap cars. You can contend with a little rust (read: NOT holes), but if it has a lot AND the rest of the car is nonfunctional... I don't care what make it is, stay away.

You don't already own a Corolla in which you'd use this one for parts only.

STAY AWAY!

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
It doesn't run, it's rusted. That alone should turn you away.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
hell, my last camry, (read LAST and FINAL) read the sig

it didnt run, i got it running, then well....the sig says the rest.

it will be a money pit. im sure you can find one 10x better that actually runs for less than $1000

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
WELL.......... The vote is unanimous......... :D

I am not doing this.
I will forget about this.

The car is still parked there but I will NOT look at it.

Think FJ.. FJ.. FJ................. I should wait for that special 70s or 80s FJ40.......

Thanks all... :) Really appreciate your time.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
RAV4EVR said:
WELL.......... The vote is unanimous......... :D

I am not doing this.
I will forget about this.

The car is still parked there but I will NOT look at it.

Think FJ.. FJ.. FJ................. I should wait for that special 70s or 80s FJ40.......

Thanks all... :) Really appreciate your time.
Make sure that when you do see one, not to buy it just because it's an FJ and you're madly in love with it.

There are more FJ's in this world you can choose from and if you open your eyes you'll quite easily save yourself from being suckered.

Be patient! :)

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
repinS said:
Make sure that when you do see one, not to buy it just because it's an FJ and you're madly in love with it.

There are more FJ's in this world you can choose from and if you open your eyes you'll quite easily save yourself from being suckered.

Be patient! :)
:thumbup:
At this time, I am patiently waiting but u guys will be the first one to find out the day I flip out... :lol:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I used to beat on a RollaNova back in the day for pizza delivery, good car.. slow, but good. :)

Here's a little something to make you change your mind. :D

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about. I had a '85 Corolla just like it. Loved that go-cart. I wish I would have not sent it to be recycled, but I was in no position to fix the engine. The paint on mine was about flawless and it even had the power moonroof, cruise, everything worked even the A/C. I'm getting tears so I'm gonna stop.
In size it makes the Avalon feel like a schoolbus. Oh mine was even carburated and I never had a problem with it. Problem with that car is it's hard to get parts anymore and most junkyards have scraped them with metal prices what they are.
So I know exactly what you are feeling. If I ever find a mint one for real cheap, watch out b/c it will be parked in my driveway.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
REN69 said:
I used to beat on a RollaNova back in the day for pizza delivery, good car.. slow, but good. :)

Here's a little something to make you change your mind. :D

.................. Holy Crap............... I had insomnia for 3 days. I was calmed down now but then you had to post those pictures. :disappoin

I absolutely would DREAM to be in that second picture car......... Wanna cry like a little girl now.
Why didn't u just shoot me? :disappoin

Yes the car is still there. :disappoin Holy crap... :disappoin

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fj40supraman said:
I know exactly what your talking about. I had a '85 Corolla just like it. Loved that go-cart. I wish I would have not sent it to be recycled, but I was in no position to fix the engine. The paint on mine was about flawless and it even had the power moonroof, cruise, everything worked even the A/C. I'm getting tears so I'm gonna stop.
In size it makes the Avalon feel like a schoolbus. Oh mine was even carburated and I never had a problem with it. Problem with that car is it's hard to get parts anymore and most junkyards have scraped them with metal prices what they are.
So I know exactly what you are feeling. If I ever find a mint one for real cheap, watch out b/c it will be parked in my driveway.
If u see my signature. I also had a BEAUTIFUL mint white 1985 Corolla and then a 1986 in my college years and then I sold them. :disappoin

Now I am messed up again....... :kookoo:

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
See if you can get it for free (I don't know if you are married but it would justify it to the wife....."Free, Ok then") You might be doing the guy a favor.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
how long has it been there? Id say offer him $50 to tow it and youll get that eye sore out of his yard. Certianly dont think he'll find anyone else that wants a 20 year old rollanova that doesnt run.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts