Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Camry
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Toyota Camry with a 2.0 4cyl. 5 Speed Manual. Front wheel drive. I'm looking to possibly locate either a Camry with the All-Trac (all wheel drive) or a Celica GT-4 (turbo w/all wheel drive)

What all will I need in order to do a transplant like that? and should I get all of the GT-4 parts? Or Some of the All-trac parts and mix it with the GT-4? I'm obviously looking for a better head along with a turbo. Cause my 3S-FE isn't much fun since its more of a "easy going" engine.

:naughty:

Thanks

·
Registered
1990 Camry Deluxe
241 Posts
*waits for white90dx to respond* He is the man to talk to about this. Check out his various threads on the subject. I agree with you on the 3S-FE being a easy going motor, even compared to the 4A-FE in my old 90' Prizm (corolla). It's like its more mature or somthing :lol:. Past 3500 RPM though I scoots a bit and I've always liked the way the 3S-FE sounds after that point.

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
please use the search. There is more than enough info in this section on what you're asking about. I'm not trying to be a dick but before I did my swap I searched and found out what you have asked.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
Search for threads started by me to get an idea of what the 3s-gte swap into a FWD Camry involves...

And before you go to far down this route - you cannot easily convert a FWD camry into an AWD Camry. The complete floorpan, rear suspension, gas tank and a few other things are different. If you want an AWD turbo Toyota, get a Celica Alltrac or buy a Camry Alltrac and do an engine swap.

-Charlie

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
man how many forums have been posted abut this same topic?!?!? lolz

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Camry
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome guys, thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it. The car will be an on going project of course. And I'm not to into the "all show, no go" thing. my car will look exactly as it does on the outside when I'm finished with it. :p Scratches, Dings, Smashed Fender. Real sleeper for sure. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts