Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1987 toyota pickup a bit ago and have been having brake issues, i've replaced the master cylinder, passenger rear wheel cylinder, and the rear brake line but still having braking issues after bleeding the brakes and everything, could it be the brake booster (brake servo)? And if so, what other makes, models, years are interchangeable for this particular truck/

·
Various Toyotas
4,412 Posts
Sorry no one has replied to you yet. Have you resolved this issue? I'm not clear on what exact brake problems you're having, as you didn't really say. Let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't get it to stop, I tried calling a dealership but they told me to take it in instead of them just telling me if it was the brake booster possibly or not

·
Various Toyotas
4,412 Posts
I just can't get it to stop, I tried calling a dealership but they told me to take it in instead of them just telling me if it was the brake booster possibly or not
Yeah, it's hard to diagnose without inspecting it, so I can understand why they told you to bring it in. Are you sure you bled everything correctly? When I replaced my rear wheel cylinders, I also had no brake function until I bled a valve that was under the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts