Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 Camry 4DR 4cyl Auto which has trouble starting in warm weather.It's like there's no fuel in the line and I have to crank it over and over till it starts.Now here's the weird part,in cool weather it starts just fine.Soon as I crank it over it starts like there never was a problem.Anyone ever experience this before?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Check the engine coolant temperature sensor for being out of range. It may be telling the computer the car is constantly cold when it is warm at times. This would produce a fuel mixture too rich to start a warm engine. You may also have one or more leaky injectors; this too producing too warm of a mixture for a warm engine.

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the engine coolant temperature sensor for being out of range. It may be telling the computer the car is constantly cold when it is warm at times. This would produce a fuel mixture too rich to start a warm engine. You may also have one or more leaky injectors; this too producing too warm of a mixture for a warm engine.

Mike
Once the engine is started(cold started in warm weather) it will run fine.It's the initial start of the day that is giving me trouble.Once it is started,it will run fine,no need to crank the engine over and over when it is warm out.I think you might have mis-understood my question.I have no problem starting once I initially start the car for the 1st time(warm weather) Cold weather gives me no trouble starting for the 1st time at all,I smell no gas so I would assume there is no rich mixture going on.

·
Gen 2 camry Guru
91 Camry Base
124 Posts
Once the engine is started(cold started in warm weather) it will run fine.It's the initial start of the day that is giving me trouble.Once it is started,it will run fine,no need to crank the engine over and over when it is warm out.I think you might have mis-understood my question.I have no problem starting once I initially start the car for the 1st time(warm weather) Cold weather gives me no trouble starting for the 1st time at all,I smell no gas so I would assume there is no rich mixture going on.
Well i have an idea as to what is going on here. If your car is high milage and I would assume it is you have carbon build up on the fuel rail. Not that big of a deal but problematic if left unchecked. Your car starts fine in cold weather becasue the cold start injector is working in warm weather this isn't always used.

Here is what you need to do. Follow the vacume hose from the brake booster to the engine and loosen the hose. Get a can of deep Creep from your auto parts store. Start the car and then pull and spray the entire contents of the car in the engine you have to pull and spray quickly or the engine will die.

When you stop spraying the engine will die. Put the hose back on and let the engine sit for 15 minutes, Start the car and don't be alarmed if it doesn't want to start. Get in and drive until no smoke is comming out of the tail pipe. A tone of somke is going to pour out your tail pipe. After the fuel rail is cleaned let. the car sit for a while and see if you have the same problem tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does 293,000 miles qualify as high :lol: I'll give that a shot tomorrow.Hopefully I can find a can of Deep Creep locally.:confused:

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
sea foam will also work the same way. its a little more complicated than it sounds. if you put too much, ur motor dies. not enough ur motor dies. u have to find the middle ground

·
Gen 2 camry Guru
91 Camry Base
124 Posts
giggles

sea foam will also work the same way. its a little more complicated than it sounds. if you put too much, ur motor dies. not enough ur motor dies. u have to find the middle ground

Deep Creep is made by sea foam and is Sea Foam in a compressed form. It goes further in your engine than regular sea foam. Plus there is no measuring!

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
oh ok i get you-makes sense haha. i thought there wasnt a difference between them!

·
Gen 2 camry Guru
91 Camry Base
124 Posts
Does 293,000 miles qualify as high :lol: I'll give that a shot tomorrow.Hopefully I can find a can of Deep Creep locally.:confused:
You can get deep creep at any auto part store autozone, napa, and advance auto parts all carry it. I'm an autozone shopper myself.

·
Gen 2 camry Guru
91 Camry Base
124 Posts
oh ok i get you-makes sense haha. i thought there wasnt a difference between them!
The difference is the compression by the deep crreep being sent out at an even rate it is pulled better through your engine. It will clear out everything better than a slash of deep creep. It coats everything evenly and will pull the carbon out of the engine i call it tune up in can its always amazing how well it works.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts