Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am curious, what size tires do people with Toyota Corollas run? Our 1989 Toyota Corolla SR5 has P185/R7013 Tires. But one hting I have noticed is that When I look up rpelacement tires they say 175/R7013.

We have been using 185/R7013 Since we bought the car used with low mileage around 12 years ago. And to my knowledge have run the size since then, and never have ran the 175/R7013.

BTW, the car is stock, Everthing on it and the rims too, are the crappy wheels that came with it.

Thanx.. :)

A side note , we were buying tires at Sams Club, and before then CostCo, for about $50 each. Now at Sams Club, after the price, mounting balancing and lifetime repair they are almost $85 each. In the area I live just plain radial tires are fine, as the weather is isn't bad.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I have ran a lot of sizes with my cars, stock are actually 175/70-13s for the SR5 and Sedans and 185/60-14 for the GTS which are basically the same circumference when you step up from one size to the other. I'm not sure how you ended up with 185/70-13, most likely you were sold the wrong size the first time and just stuck to it afterwards, not that it makes a huge difference, but it does make a small difference in speed according to the tire size calculator.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I have used a lot of sizes with my car, mainly for comfort due to the lowered suspension being rougher over bumps. If you were to step up to the next size, our cars would go as follows
175/70-13
185/60-14
195/50-15
205/40-16

I'm currently using 185/65-14 for winter, and use 195/55-15 for summer, a tad taller than the original but they absorb the bumps a little more due to the extra wall height. I'm thinking of going with 205/50-15 which is basically the same height as the 195/55-15 but it's wider.

I bought my snow tires from Walmart as they give you free balance and rotation every 10,000kms for the life of the tires as long as you bring your receipt, good deal if you ask me , considering most places will charge $15 or more each time you get it done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got 155/80/13's on my 88 wagon, I bought 4 new winter tires from Walmart for 22 bucks a piece. Anyone know the proper OEM size for the 88 Corolla Deluxe wagon? MSN Carpoint says it's the same size as what I have on the car now.

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
My street tires are Fuzion ZRi's 205/50/15's with a 5MM spacer in the rear along with longer studs front & rear... Track tires are Falken Azenis 195/55 or 60 / 14"

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered Tire Sams Club December 2006. We ordered it inside the store in the Tires Department and paid for it. Still Not In. Sams Club has no clue why they have not received it. Its only a 13" tire for a Toyota Corolla. WTF? :confused:

We have been buying tires at Costco and Sams Club for many years. But, I really have to say, they seem to be totally lost. Why is it a nigthmare to get a 13" tire?
185/R7013 is the tire size.

Store is in Vista, California.

Btw,, over on the http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com
Forums, they have these cool car icons, where cars icons have emotions.. just thought this was cool, maybe the admin hear can use those, but of course they are probably copyrighted..

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Infinitrium said:
I've got 155/80/13's on my 88 wagon, I bought 4 new winter tires from Walmart for 22 bucks a piece. Anyone know the proper OEM size for the 88 Corolla Deluxe wagon? MSN Carpoint says it's the same size as what I have on the car now.
Try the 175/70-13s, they will be the same basic radius and won't look as tiny. :wowza:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi retiredat44

REN69 has already replied you indetail.

OEM SPECIFICATION IS 175/70-R13, WHEN YOU BUY BRAND NEW TIRES FROM COSTCO OR SAMS CLUB THEY FOLLOW OEM SPECS. WARRENTY IS VALID ON OEM SPECS REPLACEMENT.

YOU MAY USE 175/70-R13 BOTH FRONT, AND 185/70R-14 ON BOTH REAR WHICH GIVE YOU MORE AERODYNEMIC PATTERN ON INTERSTSTE.

FIRESTONE/BRIDGE STONE SPECS:
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/dpp/sizespecs_caen.asp?passproductid=1050

TIRE DECODING : HOPEFULLY THIS LINK WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTION
http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/tyre_bible.html

BETTER YOU GO FOR HIGH SPEED RATING R, S OR T AND M+S

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
here are the tires..
185/70R13 86S BLK Goodyear Ultra Grip

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=181342

:cool:

High-tensile steel belt for responsive handling, impact durability
High blade density for maximum winter traction